Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saturday usually best for me , Hawley gets a vote from me too, can get in 70 sporting, compak and Skeet in a morning

Also I am sure that self trapping for our group, with sites permission I am sure we could send up triples to test ourselves

Edited by impala59

I've joined the Pump Club again with my third Mossberg - an 835 Ulti-Mag in Realtree Hardwoods camo.

It's chambered for 12g 3.5" cartridges with a 28" ported barrel that's over-bored to 10g size which is meant to give better patterns with heavy loads.

Picked it up for £200 and it looks like it's hardly been used.

post-65183-0-90895800-1483981580_thumb.jpg

I've joined the Pump Club again with my third Mossberg - an 835 Ulti-Mag in Realtree Hardwoods camo.

It's chambered for 12g 3.5" cartridges with a 28" ported barrel that's over-bored to 10g size which is meant to give better patterns with heavy loads.

Picked it up for £200 and it looks like it's hardly been used.

attachicon.gifWIN_20161230_09_29_30_Pro.jpg

Nice, like that a lot

Just purchased a Winchester SXP, can I join pump club?

How about a picture?

Hello fellow pumpers!I thought it would be good to have a place for us pumpers to discuss and share all things pump.... the good, the bad and the ugly...Shall I start?I've got a 1984 Mossberg 500AG, 24" barrel with the old school c-lect chock system, what I love about this thing is I can drag it through the mud day after day and yet it keeps trucking, it hasnt skipped a beat since I've had it and I've sent ALOT of lead skyward...The C-lect choke has even proven itself as I can go from shooting rough one minute where things happen close in and fast to being out in the open fields minutes later where a tighter choke can come in handy.The only bad point is the forend (action slide?) is a bit rattely, I can let that slide tho (no pun intended!) smile.pngshes quickly becoming "Old Faithfull" smile.pngP1020281.JPG

Love it ,,I want one ,,,please...

Hello again fellow pumpers,

Popped back to the site and saw I think Impala comments about winning a championship with a pump. Although not a pump I grant you, my late grandfather won the British pigeon championship shooting live pigeons in about 1927ish, I've still got the trophy somewhere.

It was remarkable that he'd only got the use of one arrn (the 'wrong' one) following an altercation with a European on the Somme! He used a 1922 Browning Auto 5 (I still have it) as he couldn't cycle one handed his Winchester 1897 (1910) Black Diamond Trap gun which I sold a couple of years ago. He still went fly fishing in the summer, game shooting in winter and was fox hunting in Warwickshire in WW2 .......... some guy eh? RIP Grandpa!

Been using my recently acquired 1942 Winchester 62a on the local rabbit and pigeon population, great little gun, nearly as accurate as the 39a Marlin, smooth action, and greased-silk trigger pull!

Intend giving the M37 an airing with some very interesting Italian double cupped shells I've been given. Seem to have slug-like performance at 100 yards!

Happy New Year one & all

Steve

Now that's something I didn't know existed in this country, how many places accommodate it? What ammo do you fire, slugs? What sort of accuracy can be achieved?

Now that's something I didn't know existed in this country, how many places accommodate it? What ammo do you fire, slugs? What sort of accuracy can be achieved?

I shoot at Swad and just joined another club. sWAD have a slug comp that is shot at distances ranging from 25 to 100 yards (or metres, can't remember).

I've been loading Lee cast slug in new primed cases and getting good results out to 50 yards but struggling to get consistent results at 100 even with a rifled choke tube. More development needed I think.

Edited by Sco77w

I shoot at Swad and just joined another club. sWAD have a slug comp that is shot at distances ranging from 25 to 100 yards (or metres, can't remember).

I've been loading Lee cast slug in new primed cases and getting good results out to 50 yards but struggling to get consistent results at 100 even with a rifled choke tube. More development needed I think.

What loads and data are you using? I am looking to load the same slug

Hello again fellow pumpers,

Popped back to the site and saw I think Impala comments about winning a championship with a pump. Although not a pump I grant you, my late grandfather won the British pigeon championship shooting live pigeons in about 1927ish, I've still got the trophy somewhere.

It was remarkable that he'd only got the use of one arrn (the 'wrong' one) following an altercation with a European on the Somme! He used a 1922 Browning Auto 5 (I still have it) as he couldn't cycle one handed his Winchester 1897 (1910) Black Diamond Trap gun which I sold a couple of years ago. He still went fly fishing in the summer, game shooting in winter and was fox hunting in Warwickshire in WW2 .......... some guy eh? RIP Grandpa!

Been using my recently acquired 1942 Winchester 62a on the local rabbit and pigeon population, great little gun, nearly as accurate as the 39a Marlin, smooth action, and greased-silk trigger pull!

Intend giving the M37 an airing with some very interesting Italian double cupped shells I've been given. Seem to have slug-like performance at 100 yards!

Happy New Year one & all

Steve

Some people just won't lie down eh? Great stuff!

I'd like to submit my application to join pump club: my new S1 Mossberg 590.

I did an intro target shotgun course back in the summer and really enjoyed it. Thought I'd have a crack at the TS festival at Bisley at the end of Feb.

Not sure how I feel about the heat shield at this point, I may remove it.

jvNoO2S.jpg

Nice choice! If I hadn't had the Benelli, I'd have gone for a Mossberg. (Shame we can't get the 590A1 without the heatshield here)

I may well see you at the target shotgun festival. (Look for the guy with the bad scores and the half black, half camo Benelli)

Enjoy your shooting sir!

Scrummy

Edited by Scrumbag

835 apparently is the gun that got 3.5" 12b going. Very nice.

It's a beast of a gun! Feels heavy but purposeful :-D

I suppose it's basically a 10 gauge that takes 3.5" 12 gauge shells.

I've not shot it yet and it's getting a bit late in the season but I'll hopefully get out with it this week.

I was originally planning on getting a new 3.5" capable wildfowling semi auto but I knew it wouldn't get used for that a huge amount as my main use for a semi auto is probably pigeons and pests all year round. I've heard 3.5" semi's can have issues with smaller loads so that was a bit of a concern.

So I picked up a beautiful nearly new Benelli Raffaello Black and this 835 for less money. Seems to meet all my requirements and give me a nicer gun for the majority of my shooting.

With the price, colour and ruggedness of the Mossberg I don't mind getting it filthy and bashed about either.

I'd like to submit my application to join pump club: my new S1 Mossberg 590.

I did an intro target shotgun course back in the summer and really enjoyed it. Thought I'd have a crack at the TS festival at Bisley at the end of Feb.

Not sure how I feel about the heat shield at this point, I may remove it.

jvNoO2S.jpg

Very nice indeed and so is the heat shield IMHO.

Nice choice! If I hadn't had the Benelli, I'd have gone for a Mossberg. (Shame we can't get the 590A1 without the heatshield here)

I may well see you at the target shotgun festival. (Look for the guy with the bad scores and the half black, half camo Benelli)

Enjoy your shooting sir!

Scrummy

Thanks! I'm down for the PS comp on the Sunday. No idea what I'm walking in to so look for the guy at the bottom of the table and that'll be me :)

Thanks. I think I'll leave it on there for now. Have you ever actually shot so much that your mossy has needed one though? I had a 500 before but never wanted for a heat shield.

I've got three Mossberg's now - Two 500's in 410 and 20ga and now this 835 in 12ga, though I've not shot it yet.

None of them have ever got very warm at all but I am usually shooting pigeons or crows with them so not more than 3 or 4 shots in a row usually.

I've shot a few rounds of 50 clays using the 410 with 3" magnums and it wasn't hot to touch.

I can't imagine them getting that hot even if I was blasting away at targets with them as they are so heavily built I would think the heat would just get drawn away.