Variation Waiting Times.

lewis2012

Hi all I have put in for a variation for a .223 for fox, enclosedd a. letter stating that farmer has given me permission ( also my current permission ) and stated I also have a friend to mentor me if needed. My constabulary is Bridgend and not sure how long the average waiting times are, will the FEO need to come out again or? As he visited 4months ago for my HMR “Nice chap“ he is.

Also be good to hear different peoples experiences when applying for a variation.

Thanks all

Lewis

Edited by lewis2012

Mine took ten days to getting it back , yet when I tried to get the rifles on the cert after buying them they lost my cert twice in the post then when I did get it back I moved the two days before ,sent it back six weeks later they hand delivered it ,it took three months for the cert to arrive after they lost it

Almost certainly you'll have a visit if it's your first cf and you don't have an open ticket. No problem though.

South Wales Police (Bridgend) don't visit for a first centrefire,if you already own a rimfire, and you have a 'closed' ticket.At least they never have with the last 4 people I've mentored.

I recently sent mine off to have a .223 added for fox and AOLQ and got it back within 7 days of posting it to them. Lancashire seem pretty quick with variations nowadays, hats off to them! The only time that I had a visit from my FEO regarding a variation was when I put in for my .243 for deer and fox, but that was because my FEO at the time was being a bit awkwards about things.

Different areas have different ways of working and the time can vary quite a lot from one area to another, plus of course it might depend on if the land is already cleared for the calibre you have asked for and what if any experience you have with C/F rifles.!

Good luck with your variation, hope it doesn't take too long.

Edited by Frenchieboy

Took my SGC & Fac in for change of address and a couple of variations to Durham Jan 16th, had FEO out the next day and SGC back a week later.

Still not got my FAC back, had a phone call over a week ago asking what gallery rifle was (already got 2 rifles on for it), was I in a full bore target club? (already got 3 rifles on it for target shooting) and they know all this already.

Then asked if I was a member of the UKPSA as I wanted a pump action sec.1 shotgun as her manager said I should be to get one. Told them I wasn't and did practical shotgun/target shotgun with my club. They rang the club who told them they weren't members either and didn't need to be.

Not heard a thing since, strange how they didn't ask about the UKPSA last year when they granted me a sec.1 semi-auto for PSG without a problem!.

Sorry in advance for a daft question!!

With an application for variation, do you still need to send in photos and signed referees? It's not clear on BASC website or the form.

Thanks all.

No mate all you need to fill in is personal details, what firearms are currently in your possesion, where they're kept, number of ammo + calibre, current tickets held and issuing force, GP surgery performa from farmer ( if included )RegardLewis( Don't forget the £26 fee unless its a 1 for 1 variation in which case it would be free

Edited by lewis2012