Gun won't open

Darno

Got a 12g sxs, took it out the other night and after discharging both barrels it is now stuck shut.

The side lever feels like it always has but it is shut and won't budge!

Any ideas??

I would say that sounds like the firing pins have stuck. Was the gun well kept? Not being rude but if not then it may be in need of a good service - either way it sounds like a job for the gunsmith.

At least both barrels fired. My Beretta jammed shut once after the first shot and wouldn't fire the second! So I had a live round in a faulty gun that I couldn't unload or discharge - oh the fun!

I'd go with the stock off idea. it's easy enough to do and should show you what the issue is. It may not even be the guns fault if the primer has pierced and got the firing pin jammed in it.

It does sound like a firing pin has stuck, which could be a sign of broken firing pin springs. Hold by the gun by the barrels and bang the butt sharply on the floor (protect the butt if necessary!). This might just be enough to loosen them. Pins/holes are normally tapered and if a spring is broken or the gun is fired empty the pins can over-extend and jam.

My E Harrison has loose pins (no springs) and very occasionally the pins stick, causing the same problem. They are loose and polished enough to free up with a tap of the hand to the side of the action.

Try standing it on it`s butt and dropping a cleaning rod down the barrels,if it`s a

stuck firing pin that should shock it/them free.

That's my plan B!