Is it always right to shoot foxes

Beretta06

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sometimes seen foxes whilst shooting pigeons, I have even had then rob a shot bird on more than one occasion. However, I would never shoot foxy on such occasions.

I also refuse to shoot foxes on driven bird days. If I am paying £1000+ a day to shoot, it is the keepers job, not mine.

We have 700 sheep and have never had problems with foxy, so I would be hard pushed to find a reason to kill one. And, the fox is part of our countryside I would hate to lose.

So, would you always shoot foxy, or are you happy to leave him alone if he isn't a problem for you??

There are circumstances were the fox can be a friend. I shoot duck on one venue and they act as a back -up to the dogs, you don't see many cripples about which is good because its right next to a reserve. Also if you shooting arable without any Game or other important wildlife to protect they can help keep rabbits down. Too many creatures are slaughtered because the shooter can and I admire your view

I shoot every fox I get the chance to because wherever I am shooting there is game or livestock on which the fox has a negative impact.

Is it your game and livestock. If so fair enough. If not you enjoy killing foxes that's is also fair enough i just don't get it when people come up with all sorts of reasons for shooting them why not just say that they enjoy killing them.

Is it your game and livestock. If so fair enough. If not you enjoy killing foxes that's is also fair enough i just don't get it when people come up with all sorts of reasons for shooting them why not just say that they enjoy killing them.

My game yes, my livestock no but I am there to do the job at the request of the farmer (sheep, lambing outside). And yes I enjoy killing foxes. And pheasants. And rabbits. And pigeons. And deer. And ducks. And everything else I shoot.