What questions does the FEO ask?

Byrnsie44

I liked the one I was asked 7 years ago.

" I thought you were married you have ticked single?"

" waiting for divorce papers"

" did she leave you of her own accord?"

" yes! she did not tell me"

FEO spoke to both my referees asking how our brack up had affected me. Lucky i had nothing to hide,no Skeltons in my closet. Lol

In NI here myself.

My FEO asked who I got guns from, any convictions, what purpose for guns was, any health issues

Those were already on the application form and answered.

On top if that she asked me who else lived in house, ages of my kids, did I have an alarm, security lights or a dog.

That was about it tbh. She was in and out within 7 or 8 minutes total. Which including her checking gunsafe and counting spaces in it.

Didn't ask anything when I had mine on both occasions SG andFAC, just checked cabinets and showed me how to fill forms in ,always said it was my army background, some on here will say nowt to do with it

Yeah me! Lol

But seriously been in the army doesn't stop you from having conflict with family members or others nor does it make you a suitable candidate for gun ownership or give you good reason to.

On the other hand it should demonstrate firearms experience & safe gun practice

No offence just my opinion

Yeah me! Lol

But seriously been in the army doesn't stop you from having conflict with family members or others nor does it make you a suitable candidate for gun ownership or give you good reason to.

On the other hand it should demonstrate firearms experience & safe gun practice

No offence just my opinion

Your quite right my friend happy shooting

First off I did search and didn't find anything :)

I have my interview Thursday and the FEO is coming to camp, what questions do you usually get asked?

Thank you

he/she may ask where the hobnobs are if you don,t have them on the tray with their cuppa other than that nothing to worry yourself about

colin

Just had my interview today for sgc, went ok I think. First thing he asked was if I had been in trouble with the police, I had an old arrest that wasn't a caution or conviction that was on their db but not on my form as not specified as required, then went on to reasons for wanting one, how much experience I have, safe storage etc and put a big emphasis on the fact that I'm responsible and accountable for the safe keeping of the gun.

Gave me lots of good general advice too and had quite a collection of random ammo with him :)

Basically I think he wanted to get a feel for me and the property it's going to be stored at, I guess I will know in about 3 weeks if the feeling was good or bad :)

I liked the one I was asked 7 years ago.

" I thought you were married you have ticked single?"

" waiting for divorce papers"

" did she leave you of her own accord?"

" yes! she did not tell me"

FEO spoke to both my referees asking how our brack up had affected me. Lucky i had nothing to hide,no Skeltons in my closet. Lol

Just the wife under the patio hehe

Had mine last week, he seemed unsure why he was there, and was only going to check my date of birth. i told him I had applied for FAC for rimfire rifle. We continued with general chat about what i shoot, background and where I shoot. Checked cabinet and security. He asked me if I had experience with rifles, I explained 30 + years with shotgun and air-rifle, and I treat any gun with the same respect and was well aware of the extra ranges involved and the need for a safe backdrop. he still suggested or rather made it a condition that I spend some time with an experienced shooter and get a bit of rifle time in. bit of a catch 22 really. Also, I applied for the max 3 different guns, with the intention of choosing between 2, and trading another gun in, but he said I could not because I only had room for 4 in my cabinet. (2 shotguns at moment)

Had mine last week, he seemed unsure why he was there, and was only going to check my date of birth. i told him I had applied for FAC for rimfire rifle. We continued with general chat about what i shoot, background and where I shoot. Checked cabinet and security. He asked me if I had experience with rifles, I explained 30 + years with shotgun and air-rifle, and I treat any gun with the same respect and was well aware of the extra ranges involved and the need for a safe backdrop. he still suggested or rather made it a condition that I spend some time with an experienced shooter and get a bit of rifle time in. bit of a catch 22 really. Also, I applied for the max 3 different guns, with the intention of choosing between 2, and trading another gun in, but he said I could not because I only had room for 4 in my cabinet. (2 shotguns at moment)

****** I have a big gun cabinet and have had experience with rimfires I also have my interview on Monday & don't expect any issues

..... That would be really annoying if by chance you happened to be the guy who taught me all I know about shooting & field craft

OH **** YOU ARE ........ Bad luck old chap!

he still suggested or rather made it a condition that I spend some time with an experienced shooter and get a bit of rifle time in. bit of a catch 22 really.

Ah yes mentoring condition............total waste of time potentially and no basis in law...... Just another hoop, from the intial view it may look sensible but then think about it the mentor is not accountable, has to have no qualifications, just held FAC and not had it revoked (nothing to say mentor is safe than no reported dangerous incidents no time period, not specific coverage just what seems "about right" to an FEO/FLO...... Fact the number of issues caused by novice shooters are so miniscule there arent statistics and looking at the available data (mostly insurance claim related) the group of people with the most incidents are those with lots of experience and older i.e. those who the FLO/FEO like to see mentor the novice!