8. Heaslip (Ireland)

7. Robshaw (England)

6. Warburton (Wales)

5. Parling (England)

4. Wyn-Jones (Wales)

3. A Jones (Wales)

2. Best (Ireland)

1. Healy (Ireland)

That is my starting 15 against Australia.

Robshaw at 7, never, it would be tupuric for me, apparently according the reports I have read Robshaw is a 6 so at least give him a chance there. I reckon Hibbard will be the starting hooker he has had a excellent 6 nations and really improved his line throwing. I would pick sexton over farrell.

Mind you Lidiate came through his first game back last night,if he can get fit!!!!

15. Halfpenny (Wales)

14. Cuthbert (Wales)

13. Roberts (Wales)

12. Tuilagi (England)

11. North (Wales)

10. Farrell (England)

9. Phillips (Wales)

8. Heaslip (Ireland)

7. Robshaw (England)

6. Warburton (Wales)

5. Parling (England)

4. Wyn-Jones (Wales)

3. A Jones (Wales)

2. Best (Ireland)

1. Healy (Ireland)

That is my starting 15 against Australia.

Don't like your centre pairing Mark. Two battering rams with not that much flair and personally I would like to see BOD maybe come inside and Roberts feeding off him. I don't rate Tuilagi at all,especially at inside as I think he's one dimensional and they can get found oot pretty quickly and if so the ball won't get fed to other hands. Folk will say BOD was average in the 6 nations but he's been their and has the brain to make it look easy and him and Philips would be solid in defence. Also have my doubts with Farrell,still young and if he's having a bad game he can be root,and sometimes his decision making is abysmal. Already have a place kicker in Halfpenny so no "need" for Farrell on that front. Good player,but maybe not for this.Front row is up for grabs too,and my only shoe in would be A Jones who is a must.

As seen in 97,the favourites for their position going out don't always get a start,and they worked wonders on that tour. A Celt front row went against the grain but it worked wonders,although the pack wouldn't have been half it was withoot Jonno,Dallaglio and Hill who were all immense. Unfortunately for the Lions,I don't think England have players in that mould at the moment,although again tours can make a player. All in,I think we have a great chance of winning the test as the Aussies are nay the team they were.

I dont know about Heaslip. When he was officially given the Irish captaincy I think two players games suffered - him and BOD. He doesnt cross the gain line enough.

BOD is worth including just for the sheer brilliance of the man. He can still pull magic out of the bag. He hasnt got the speed any more but the brain is still good! And he plays like an extra back row forward. He only seemed average the 6 nations because of some of the players around him.

Rory Best is a brilliant hooker around the park and like a third prop in the scrum but his line out throwing can be (very) iffy.

No Scots mentioned in the above suggestions.What about Kelly Brown for Heaslip?

Jim Hamilton?

Edited by Big Al

I was told by someone 'in the know' that robshaw was in as captain but its being reviewed after the 6nations!!

It would be a travesty if faletau made the squad but fortunately noone here has mentioned him.

Think tipuric will go. not sure if lydiate will after his time out.

Front row will be a mix of Ireland and Wales surely. maybe a scot in the second row?

Phillips, farrel (not sure who else you can pick although he would be my choice) not biggar!

Plenty of choice at centre but wouldnt be surprised if jon davies gets a go.

Back three from Wales? Although I think North gets caught out of position a lot.

Hook needs to go even tho he cant get a look on for Wales.

Anyone think there will be any big surprises?

Edd

Got distracted halfway through posting, odriscoll for tuilangi and kelly brown instead of heaslip other than that much the same as bb.

I was told by someone 'in the know' that robshaw was in as captain but its being reviewed after the 6nations!!

It would be a travesty if faletau made the squad but fortunately noone here has mentioned him.

Think tipuric will go. not sure if lydiate will after his time out.

Front row will be a mix of Ireland and Wales surely. maybe a scot in the second row?

Phillips, farrel (not sure who else you can pick although he would be my choice) not biggar!

Plenty of choice at centre but wouldnt be surprised if jon davies gets a go.

Back three from Wales? Although I think North gets caught out of position a lot.

Hook needs to go even tho he cant get a look on for Wales.

Anyone think there will be any big surprises?

Edd

I think the only area where the squad will be weak is at eight.no one has stood up at eight in the six nations and as edd said earlier there are strong options in most other positions.I also hope croft goes great player shame about the injury he had