Moto GP

markws80

Shame Crutchlow is riding last years bike

Given a full factory bike I think he would have finished second to Lorenzo

Lost a lot of respect for Rossi when he went mercenary.....

Also I think Redding should have got the ride ahead of Bradley Smith, dont think he is ready for the step up yet

:shaun:

Shame Crutchlow is riding last years bike

Given a full factory bike I think he would have finished second to Lorenzo

Lost a lot of respect for Rossi when he went mercenary.....

Also I think Redding should have got the ride ahead of Bradley Smith, dont think he is ready for the step up yet

When he went mercenary ??? 4 back to back world championships and a cpl of others scattered here or there with one factory ........... hardly the act of a mercenary wanting to see if he could do for ducati what he did for yamaha

Nobody mentioned the spectacular ride from young Marquez on his debut in the big class. Incredible rookie ride from him I thought and put the shut up on those who said he couldn't last the race distance or ride the worn tyres at the end.

Keep an eye on the lad, world champ within 3 years!

Forgot to mention Mr. Redding and his fantastic Moto2 battle right through the race. That guy is riding at a massive size disadvantage so it will be good to see him up in the top class.

Don't e ang orf that bike!!!!!

Moto3 is always a tad manic and didn't disappoint, Webby will be back up there during the season.

When he went mercenary ??? 4 back to back world championships and a cpl of others scattered here or there with one factory ........... hardly the act of a mercenary wanting to see if he could do for ducati what he did for yamaha

What Rossi achieved in his heyday was amazing and will probably never be beat,

Threw his toys out of his pram with Lorenzo last time and had the wall built in the garage, doesn't like being shown up by his team mate,

Followed the cash to Ducati when he saw what Stoner did with it, and failed.

So it was then "please Mr Yamaha I don't like this bike anymore, can I come back to you"

Just my opinion of course and to most Rossi is a god.

Out qualified by it at the weekend,

I used to be a Rossi fan but not any more,

Very skilled rider but Lorenzo will win the title this year.

Of course you can point out the error of my ways if Rossi wins it

without rossi motogp would be like watching paint dry :( I was always keen to watch them terrible Ducati days just by chance they found a miracle cure and he would show signs of his former god like character. The king is back and I put money that he will qualify a lot higher the next round.

Edited by Mr Rizzini

Whether or not you think Rossi was chasing glory by going to Ducati, I have a sneaky feeling that if he does well this year, loads of glory hunting fans will come flooding back...

I have to say that I was truly disappointed that he didn't get the Duke sorted, the dream team was maybe just to good to be true.

Qualifying and racing are two different things.

Rossi qualified badly and raced well, Crutchlow on the other hand...

Much as I like Cal, I just don't see him winning much, even with the right bits.

Either way it was entertaining, a good season opener.

I'm not sure about Cal, I like the bloke but don't know if he's got that last 2%? That said, it's only a little bit of extra confidence that can lift you that final step!

I have to say that I was truly disappointed that he didn't get the Duke sorted, the dream team was maybe just to good to be true.

I'm not sure about Cal, I like the bloke but don't know if he's got that last 2%? That said, it's only a little bit of extra confidence that can lift you that final step!

I think Rossi thought that if Stoner could win on it then he could too....

Crutchlow hasnt got a factory bike, in fact he is still using last years bike at the moment, so he has to wring everything out of it therefore forcing errors, Much as I like him, I cant see him winning a race this year unless something happens to the full factory bikes or maybe wet weather

Last year Dovi paid to have factory brakes on his bike, Crutchlow couldnt afford it, but still did ok

Would like to see just how quick Crutchlow would be on a full factory Yamaha, Spies couldnt do it, which is why he is on a Satellite Ducatti this year

Rossi went to Ducati to try and see an Italian win the championship on an Italian bike, I think if he had done it he would have retired but being the racer that he is he didn't want to go out on a low. If he wins this year on the Yam he will retire is my prediction, and go out on a high.

Rossi excelled when riders controlled the bikes, because he can ride a bike better than any other rider IMO, with the 990s if you took too much of a handful you got spat off. Going to 800s killed that as everyone had to be on the right line to gain hundreds of a second and so it became a procession by the middle of the first lap.

This year looks much more entertaining but any rider getting a gap in first position in the first lap or two being able to maintain good lap times still looks set to clean up, and that is where Lorenzo comes in... he qualifies well AND races well. He doesn't race as well as Rossi but if he hits pole more often than not and Rossi is a row or two back we could see Sunday over and over again.

Crutchlow hasnt got a factory bike, in fact he is still using last years bike at the moment, so he has to wring everything out of it therefore forcing errors, Much as I like him, I cant see him winning a race this year unless something happens to the full factory bikes or maybe wet weather

Last year Dovi paid to have factory brakes on his bike, Crutchlow couldnt afford it, but still did o

:shaun:That's right ,he was moaning that Dovi had the better brakes ,but he couldn't afford them (only being a moto gp rider) so his fans had a whip round (you know the mega rich fans who work 40hrs a week in factories etc) then when he still couldn't match Dovi he binned the brakes and whinged some more :rolleyes:

Last year Dovi paid to have factory brakes on his bike, Crutchlow couldnt afford it, but still did o

:shaun:That's right ,he was moaning that Dovi had the better brakes ,but he couldn't afford them (only being a moto gp rider) so his fans had a whip round (you know the mega rich fans who work 40hrs a week in factories etc) then when he still couldn't match Dovi he binned the brakes and whinged some more :rolleyes:

He is a northener, don't you know we like a good winge

Would still like to see him on a full factory bike though,

And he has been the best Moto GP rider we have had for a while :)