an afternoon on the pigeons

fabarm gamma boy

Me and highseas, a fellow P.W member got chatting and decided to share a few hours decoying! So arranged to meet at 11.30 at the feild, week old drilled barley had been getting regular visits by a decent number of birds, so we got the gear out the cars and set off walking across 2 barley feilds to get to the chosen spot! Got there built the hide as best we could and threw a few shell decoys out! The birds were slow to start but very commited to the pattern, gradualy picked up and we had some cracking sport, both of us hitting some nice left and rights along with a few 40+ yarders to top it off! thoroughly enjoyed the day!! good company followed by some good shooting! Well done , top bloke!!

We ended up with 40 woodies and 2 carrion crow (1 each)

Atb fabarm

post-62766-0-81336500-1365703746_thumb.jpg

post-62766-0-59616100-1365703771_thumb.jpg

Edited by fabarm gamma boy

yeh good day mate not bad for 3 and a half hours! I must add that I got 3 left and rights! good day all round thou, see ya again soon bud ive got ya bucket hear too remember... its a shame the crows wernt playing ball but the pigeons got a good beating with some VERY BIG flocks comeing in!

Good one. In one of your posts a few months ago you said that there were very few pigeons in Cumbria. Do I take it that you were elsewhere?

Was the wheelbarrow for your kit or were you confident of a good bag?

in comparisob to other parts of the uk cumbria is pretty poor for pigeon as they dont have as much crop to feed on! But over the last few years more farms are planting crops, and pigeon numbers are slowly building! Wheel barrow was for the kit but doubled up as a game carrier :lol:

yeh good day mate not bad for 3 and a half hours! I must add that I got 3 left and rights! good day all round thou, see ya again soon bud ive got ya bucket hear too remember... its a shame the crows wernt playing ball but the pigeons got a good beating with some VERY BIG flocks comeing in!

no worries mate thanks for picking it up! :good: The birds were breaking up nicely! Did get a few big flocks 200+ come in but managed to keep fingers off triggers lol!

in comparisob to other parts of the uk cumbria is pretty poor for pigeon as they dont have as much crop to feed on! But over the last few years more farms are planting crops, and pigeon numbers are slowly building! Wheel barrow was for the kit but doubled up as a game carrier :lol:

yeh ive shot hear for 10 years and this is the most ive ever shot had 2 days this week over 20 too.. pigeons seem to be building up in cumbria