Compulsive razor acquisition disorder

Blunderbuss

I know there are quite a few traditional shavers on here, it was a thread on PW which got me into DE shaving at the tail end of last year and I've never looked back. However, to those who say it's cheaper than cartridge shaving I say you are talking out of your hoop! Yes DE blades cost a fraction of a Mach 3 or whatever, but that's where it ends! This week I have bought a Merkur Futur adjustable AND a Merkur 39c slant, on top of the HD34 and Edwin Jagger 89 I already had, plus all the blades and software I can't resist trying. I haven't delved into vintage razors yet but its probably only a matter of time. I'm determined not to get into straights as that way lies bankruptcy, I'm sure of it. I'm absolutely hooked and would recommend it to anyone, but if anyone tells you it will save you money, they are full of it! Anyone else afflicted?

Shaving stops being a pain in the **** and becomes an enjoyable self indulgence when you use decent kit :yes:

Couldn,t agree more. Got an Edwin Jagger DE 89 after reading the thread on here, along with a selection of blades of the bay. Love it.

Am just managing to control the impulse to buy a Merkur to compare. But love the DE 89. :good:

Used them some years ago when doing re-enactment.

Collected a few different vintage types, I've even still got somewhere about 50 to 100 WW2 Gillette blue blades...

Anyone tried the beast that is the Rolls Razor yet? Great design in theory, but sharpening in first thing in the a.m. in a room full of half-asleep squaddies, I am told, was liable to result in a smack around the chops

Yep I'm on double edge shaving but stuck to the one razor.

Tobs sandalwood Creme.

Badger brush.

About 100 various blades in from Treet, feather, Israeli made, derby etc etc.

The Israeli's thus far are my favourite as they are cheap and a nice shave. I do like the feathers but they don't seem to last as long.

I'm not a fan of the Derbys at all!

Used them some years ago when doing re-enactment.

Collected a few different vintage types, I've even still got somewhere about 50 to 100 WW2 Gillette blue blades...

Anyone tried the beast that is the Rolls Razor yet? Great design in theory, but sharpening in first thing in the a.m. in a room full of half-asleep squaddies, I am told, was liable to result in a smack around the chops

Tried one years ago blunt as hell even when sharpned

i cant get excited about shaving how ever hard i try so its bic orange for me :lol:

Yup, shaving is a pain and I tend to avoid it as much as possible. I wet shave for funerals only so a quick buzz with a hair trimmer once or twice a week is more than enough effort for me.