permission

I try and see each farmer once over any long period of non shooting. (So, Winter for Wheat/barley Permissions) or at least send them a card at Xmas or something. I don't have to, but it's just good manners to keep them up to date.

How often do you have to renew your permission from the owner to carry on shooting on their land.

Every time you shoot on their land, it reinforces the agreement you have with the land owner and yourself.

When you phone up and say "Bob we are out shooting today, have you any requests or problems" what you are saying is "do I still have permission to shoot your land".

It is always nice to ring him up afterwards and tell him what you got, unless it is 'cold and nothing'

My farmer doesn't mind when i go or what time as long as i send text, before stupid o'clock, and always send him the monthly figures,never phone unless i have a problem or come across poacher's ect. However if we pass in the field we always have a bit of crack.My local Licencing dept have his contact number to confirm permission to shoot & google earth maps i send in with the outlined boundaries.Keep the farmer happy,keep records of all kills,respect the land you shoot & you should have a good relationship.

normally I'd agree with the bottle of whiskey at xmas, but for the last 2 years I've given something that shows I aint just rushed down to tesco's

1st time I gave him sloe vodka, from his sloes on his land, we made up a fancy label on the computer with the farm name on

2nd time, honey mead from my bees on his land

he takes alot more time to chat to me now about all sorts

i just keep going on the land,some farms iv not shot for a year but just go back there and shoot, never had a problem with it.there fine with it,the farmers are very good to me,they let me have the run of the farms, all 18 farms i shoot there great,

Edited by mossy835