Pigeon Watch North v South Raffle

Teal

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still being considered.

One the one hand its possible that more money could be raised by auctioning this kind donation from "rimfire4969", but its also a great incentive to have a top quality prize for the raffle, as an added incentive for people to sign up for the day.

Having considered it fully, and bearing in mind that this has come up in previous years as well, with other very generously donated high value items. In previous years it has always been decided that it is best that the donated items goes into the raffle for anyone to have a chance at winning, rather than it being the person with the deepest pockets. Good raffle prizes are an encouragement for people to come along for the shoot, and to hang around and buy tickets after the prize giving. There is nothing to stop people keen to have a shot at winning this raffle prize (or indeed any other) from attending the shoot, or as a back-up option asking a friend who is attending to buy them some tickets. Of course if the winning ticket on the day decides that they would like to auction it off after the raffle, with the money going to Charity that would be their own decision and may be the best of both worlds :good: But I believe that this is the fairest way of doing it.

It is a very generous offer from rimfire4969 and like all the other fantastic donations so far, are building into an awesome prize pool!

Keep an eye on this page which petethewizard has created - and all the prizes are listed: http://wherestheclayground.at/pwcharityshoot/raffle.html

I've now added links on the raffle page to some of the sponsors who have donated prizes, as a small token of appreciation for their generosity. I would be grateful if anyone who has donated, or been involved in the appropriation of a prize, could check for omissions or errors and let me know.

When/if I get the time I am hoping to add a couple of simple picture galleries for both the prizes and also screenshots of the home page for the donating organisations. Again I would be grateful if anyone concerned could let me know what they would like to see displayed.

Having considered it fully, and bearing in mind that this has come up in previous years as well, with other very generously donated high value items. In previous years it has always been decided that it is best that the donated items goes into the raffle for anyone to have a chance at winning, rather than it being the person with the deepest pockets. Good raffle prizes are an encouragement for people to come along for the shoot, and to hang around and buy tickets after the prize giving. There is nothing to stop people keen to have a shot at winning this raffle prize (or indeed any other) from attending the shoot, or as a back-up option asking a friend who is attending to buy them some tickets. Of course if the winning ticket on the day decides that they would like to auction it off after the raffle, with the money going to Charity that would be their own decision and may be the best of both worlds :good: But I believe that this is the fairest way of doing it.

It is a very generous offer from rimfire4969 and like all the other fantastic donations so far, are building into an awesome prize pool!

Keep an eye on this page which petethewizard has created - and all the prizes are listed: http://wherestheclayground.at/pwcharityshoot/raffle.html

I will say no more.

I will donate 100 clays (4 x 25) and 100 Cartridges (4 x 25) and a Coaching session for youngsters over 9 years old, plus the use of a Qualified Coach

1 lesson each for 4 youngsters to be taken at the A1 Shooting Ground Borehamwood Hertfordshire.

This could be 4 youngsters for a party in 1 go of 4 youngsters individually over a 4 weeks, must be on a Sunday or midweek if on school holiday, unfortunately no Saturdays.

I may not have explained myself clearly on this, apologies

4 lessons in total, each lesson comprising of 25 clays and 25 cartridges and a qualified coach.

Catton Hall clay shooting ground www.cattonhall.co.uk have again donated a voucher for a free entry (birds only) to one of their regular 100 bird competitions. They have registered comps on the 4th Sunday of every month and re-entry shoots on bank holiday Mondays. Check their website to confirm dates.

I've had a scrounge around the contractors at work and have come up with a few bits and bobs. Bottle of scotch, couple of pairs of ear defenders ( too bulky for shotgun shooting but OK for the range ) and some yellow tinted safety specs. If I can blag any more I'll bring it on the day.

Mr Potter

Catton Hall clay shooting ground www.cattonhall.co.uk have again donated a voucher for a free entry (birds only) to one of their regular 100 bird competitions. They have registered comps on the 4th Sunday of every month and re-entry shoots on bank holiday Mondays. Check their website to confirm dates.

I've had a scrounge around the contractors at work and have come up with a few bits and bobs. Bottle of scotch, couple of pairs of ear defenders ( too bulky for shotgun shooting but OK for the range ) and some yellow tinted safety specs. If I can blag any more I'll bring it on the day.

Mr Potter

Right, I've had a sort out this evening and the final, confirmed, definite, list is as follows;

As above, Catton Hall voucher.

Slab of 20b carts, Gamebore fibre wad, 21g (described as Competition Light), shot size 7.5. Ideal for starting youngsters or the lightly built on clays

Only one set of ear defenders, very big and very yellow!

Energiser head torch

2 pairs of yellow tinted safety specs, (improves contrast on dull days)

A bottle of Penderyn Welsh whisky - watch out for this, it looks like a bottle of white wine but is 46%vol !!!

Two unused baseball type caps, One I got free with my subscription to "Clay Shooting" magazine and I can't remember how I acquired the other but it's black with the Browning logo on it.

That's it I think, don't forget - You've got to be in it to win it...

Mr Potter

Edited by Mr Potter

STOP PRESS.

Please add a Beretta shooting towel to the prize list.

It's a nice orange colour and I've managed to tempt Timps to enter the shoot with a chance to win it.

He thinks he'll look like a pro with it dangling from his new gay skeet vest. Now pro wasn't the word I was thinking of to describe his new look.

Can the PW massive provide a more appropriate adjective?

Edited by PhilR

A day on the crown shoot, driven game walk one stand one,in North east Wales

To read what the raffle winners of this prize thought last season and the season before have a read of these

2012, page 4

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/223659-crown-shoot-12-13/

2011 page 1

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/185079-crown-shoot-our-first-full-day/

the above is donated by myself, plus Shoot and be safe has very kindly donated the same, so thats the above x2

A day on the crown shoot, driven game walk one stand one,in North east Wales

To read what the raffle winners of this prize thought last season and the season before have a read of these

2012, page 4

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/223659-crown-shoot-12-13/

2011 page 1

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/185079-crown-shoot-our-first-full-day/

the above is donated by myself, plus Shoot and be safe has very kindly donated the same, so thats the above x2

Well done guys :good: :good: :good: need to start saving for loads of tickets :yes: :yes: