who else is involved ???

clakk

sky news ticker tape is saying jimmy tarbuck has been arrested over child sex allegations ,looks like most of the 70.s t,v stars are being implicated in the saville pervert investigation.who.s next for a early visit from mr plod and if reported at the time how many were in on the cover up??

sky news ticker tape is saying jimmy tarbuck has been arrested over child sex allegations ,looks like most of the 70.s t,v stars are being implicated in the saville pervert investigation.who.s next for a early visit from mr plod and if reported at the time how many were in on the cover up??

I think it is getting silly.......easy targets! Probably warned-off stalkers from the past out for 'revenge'.

However, if all of these cases come to court simultaneously, what's the betting the 'victims' are all under 25 Romanians! :-)

We dont know the details but DLT Has not been charged and maybe this is similar - innocent until proved guilty and a single charge to date.

That said we are seeing too many powerful people abuse their position to a greater or lesser degree - power corrupts but i sincerely hope that 'Tarbie' doesnt turn out to be 'paedi'.

Sad. very. either way.

I'm not happy with any kiddy fiddlers but these general accusations are all over the shop and from many years ago in the majority of cases, what on earth is going on?

I also find it rather unfortunate and disturbing that in many cases the accused are named and branded (which will live on with them and effect their career, even if not charged/found innocent) whereas in many cases the accusers are anonymous!

I'm also bored with it, and the media will be soon.

Sorry, the old cliché, wouldn't the police be better off catching a few rapists and murderers and drug dealers of today!

its all money money money your not telling me that bird who said ken roach off corri has sat there for 35 years watching him on telly and then thought i"ll ring cops and say he raped me what a load of ****

yup i have said this int he past why have all these people suddenly had a rush of blood to the head and decided to "out" all these stars? i'll tell you why because they have had a sniff of the thoughts of lots of compensation thats why!!! now i am not saying that some of these people may of been assaulted/abused but as has been said before why wait this long to say some thing? anyway my moneys on Jim Bowen being next " and bullys special prize" could have a sinister undertone????

Just because these alleged crimes were mainly from a couple of decades ago does not mean that those responsible should not face justice.

I dare say the vast majority of us have not been abused / raped and have to suffer the stigma that goes with it .

Perhaps those affected all those years ago felt that no one would believe them if they came forward and made a allegation against a celebrity of the time.

Once someone got the ball rolling perhaps its gave the others the confidence to do so in the knowledge that these allegations would be seriously investigated .

I cannot believe that there seems to be more comments on here slagging off the potential victims as compensation seekers and the potential perpetrators as "easy targets"

As for identifying those arrested , is that not a way to bring other potential victims forward ?

No doubt innocent until proved guilty , but then Stuart Hall was innocent was he not ? , I have a feeling he is going to be the first of many.

Edited by fenboy

Well said fenboy.

Just because these alleged crimes were mainly from a couple of decades ago does not mean that those responsible should not face justice.

I dare say the vast majority of us have not been abused / raped and have to suffer the stigma that goes with it .

Perhaps those affected all those years ago felt that no one would believe them if they came forward and made a allegation against a celebrity of the time.

Once someone got the ball rolling perhaps its gave the others the confidence to do so in the knowledge that these allegations would be seriously investigated .

I cannot believe that there seems to be more comments on here slagging off the potential victims as compensation seekers and the potential perpetrators as "easy targets"

As for identifying those arrested , is that not a way to bring other potential victims forward ?

No doubt innocent until proved guilty , but then Stuart Hall was innocent was he not ? , I have a feeling he is going to be the first of many.

Totally agree.

Perhaps the 'it's all about the compensation' brigade would do better to wait until these cases go to court before passing judgement - same goes for some parts of the media that are only too willing to fan the flames without knowing the facts.

Well said Fenboy :-)

Stuart Hall aside - there are a number of high profile arrests, normally with the full glare of press / publicity. People are arrested at the airport, houses searched - police emerging with bags of "evidence" - 30 years after the event.

I will be a little more convinced when they start appearing in court and convicted - if guilty.

They are arrested - bailed pending further enquiries - re-arrested - bailed again - seems like a fishing expedition, in many cases.

When will Garry Glitter, Rolf Harris, Freddie Starr, Jimmy Tarbuck, Dave Lee Travis, Max Clifford etc. get their day in court?

Edited by Gordon R

Tarbie has been charged and bailed - SH has admitted, DLT strenuously denies after 2 interviews. I just hope that those who are lying get proper justice and i dont just mean those accused but not charged. The accusers, if false, should be harshly dealt with. I am with those who have asked when will it all end, as anyone of that era appears to be open to allegations.

I havent suffered abuse and feel strongly for those who have that their pain should be ended. Is there an attempt to implicate innocent people just because they have money ?

I very much hope not.

I entirely agree with this. There are lots of very good reasons as to why these things don't get reported, mostly those you have mentioned. Also, people seem to have very selective memories here. A number of reports about Jimmy Savile were made over the years and he was interviewed on at least one ocasion and I think more. Also, it isn't the case that this stuff has only just started coming out; Gary Glitter was done years ago and Jonathan King before that. There was a Radio 1 DJ from the 1960's who was locked up abroad (Eastern Europe, I think) for child abuse and there have been others.

Quite honestly, I find all this talk of victims jumping on the compensation bandwagon rather distasteful. I'm sure a few will be inventing it all but the vast majority won't be. Again, a lot of these people will have said something about these things in the past but may not have been believed. We are talking about very serious abuse in many cases and dismissing it in this way is unpleasant to say the least.

J.

I was attacked by Blue Peters Shep when I was young he was roguring my leg do you think I should tell the police that I was sexually assaulted by a famous person.

Is this really the type of thing that you find acceptable to publish on an open forum? Seriously?

J.

Edited by JonathanL