Fibre wad cartridges for clays

just looking for some advice really as been using Cheddite universal trap fibre wads for clays and they are really annoying the hell out of me due to the amount of junk/confetti that gets slung out the barrels, this really puts me off if i get a dirty cartridge on my first shot as it distracts me from the second clay. sometimes they are nice and clean and with a crisp report and other times then are very mucky and go off with a whimper. i was just wondering what everyone else uses fibre wad wise? i use plas wads for most of my clay shooting and i am very happy with them they are Victory Challengers and hit hard and are nice and fast. i am looking for a decent clean firing fibre wad i dont shoot fibre too often so some thing fast and clean would be good i am not particular about price as i dont fire enough fibre to worry about cost just want something similar in performance to my challengers if such a load exists? :)

cool i was looking at the Hull superfasts as i had some them in fibre a while back and i am almost sure they were clean i have some comp-x in 21gram for the nephew and they are mucky as hell from the sounds of it i think fibre wads vary from bath to batch?

Our club uses Fiocchi Cartridges which we get from John Webster of www.norgascartridges.co.uk. (You can PM him on here, his username is webber) They are a nice clean cartridge, fairly hard hitting and no confetti problems with them. Descent value for money and he offers a first class service!

Well worth a try mate!

if i could ignore all the crud flying around infront of me the Cheddites would do the job ;) i am off to Malmos to see what they have got in stock and have a play with some fibre tomorrow :) still need to flip a coin to see which gun to bring ;)

yeah i find if i get a mucky fibre cartridge as my first barrel it totally puts me off the second target as all the crud in the air seems to distract me, if i remember rightly the Superfast are a clean cartridge? anyone got and opinions on if they are also confetti cannons?

I got the impression you quite enjoyed shooting the cheddites on Sunday. Lol :-) And It reminded me & manda of our wedding day.

The eley firsts are good but i wouldn't mind trying the express fibre as I like their plas carts.Cheap from kelbrook too.

the hull superfast fibres are not as confetti as some of the others out there, but remember most fibres will have a little bit,

i have used the hull superfast fibres and now im using eley first fibres which actually are pretty clean,

if i had the choice i would definitely go for the hulls

Guest cookoff013

I was told the reason you get the confetti effect is because the cartridges have been stored where it's damp..

Don't know if it's true or not.

:)

i doubt thats true, my reasoning is, if it had been stored damp, that could affect the cartridge burn /pressure /etc.

i am more inclined to say that the speed the modern shells are coming out at too fast, ultra fast shells just disintegrate the wad.

i may load some up, and see whats happening.