Bisley meeting 07

dunganick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in :lol:

I suppose I'd better come if only to spill tea over that nice lady in the snack bar and to watch LB eat meals that would keep your average pod of blue whales going for a week :lol:

I did like the rifle shooting but seemed to be in a minority :lol:

Either cartridges are a lot more expensive than I thought, or these new fangled guns break easily and are best kept for decoration, or you were all scared to go first in case everyone else was better at it than you and you might get laughed at.. or what? :)

Snotty

Good man Snotty :( We can do a synchronised tea spilling display if your up for it?

LB

I prefered the rifles too Snotty and especially yours :(

Aw shucks :)

I'm slowly mastering that Baker. It's almost on paper at 100 yards but I have an occasional slow one that needs sorting out before I can join you on the 200 yard line :lol:

best regards

Snotty

12-11-06.jpg

i think the problem with the rifle shooting was that unlike clays there wasnt anyone to force you to shoot when it was your turn. And no-one could stop the banter ;)

i suspect those who went last year would have a slightly better idea of the limited amount of time, so prehaps the shyness would not be a problem so much.

anyone else is welcome to stick some idea's down. I will be organising it around the 15th of this month.

For me it was more of a meet and talk to other members type event, I can go to to the range anytime I want so I didn't feel the need to spank 100's of rounds down the range.

It was/is also a great opertunity for people to try out your guns if they wanted - which a few people did.

You could try and organise an optional competition, maybe in the afternoon(?) but that is more oragnising ;) and as you found out on the day it was hard enough getting everyone to the clay range on time ;) maybe something low key like hitting balloons, as it is a bit more visual?

IMHO most members seemed pretty laid back, so if turned into any too formal they may be put off.

yeh, i did sort of organise a competition, but in the afternoon people were just as happy shooting at their own targets as any of the competition targets, so it didnt really work out. (which means i now have about 200 sod poodle targets..... thanks again snotty for printing them off ;) even if we never used them)

i will try and find out on the possible dates, but it verymuch depends on avalibility of the BSRC range (if we want to use it) and the harley weekend. If i can get these two on the same weekend then great. But i suspect it might not be possible. We will see ;)

will let you know soonish (next week or so)

Stuart,

I didnt realise it was going to be such a long wait.... I put my name down but I am expecting to watch my wife pop..... sometime end of april.. so I might be able by that point to sneak off for a weekend ... but now I dont know :unsure:

we organise so far in advance so people can arrange holidays around it. It also should increase the chances of getting the range we are after.

...and there is less chance of it p*ssing down with rain and us having to lay in 3" of freezing water like we had to a couple of weekends ago on Short S :unsure:

What are they like with Folding Campers?

If i can take my Camper i will be fine ;)

It will have to be a Car trip as my Bike aint up to that kinda journey (unless i find a nice Sports bike in the meantime) :)

Again i don't have FAC but i can always do the Clay bit :lol:

Let us know a fixed date when you get it so i can make arrangements for the Bairn

LG

I quite like the sound of this but I have no camping gear is it all camping or is there some B&B around there?

Colin

I got my tent at ASDA for £10 and it was fine for just one ;)

Sussex Lad got his Semi- detached 3 bedroomer(Master en-suite) from Harrods :lol: perhaps you could become a lodger :)

I quite like the sound of this but I have no camping gear is it all camping or is there some B&B around there?

Colin

I got my tent at ASDA for £10 and it was fine for just one ;)

Sussex Lad got his Semi- detached 3 bedroomer(Master en-suite) from Harrods :lol: perhaps you could become a lodger :no:

Does he snore :)

Colin