Bisley meeting 07

dunganick

Well ive decided as i will have some time coming up in the next month because of holidays that now is as good a time as any to get the big summer bisley meeting off the ground, it will also help everyone arrange holidays accordingly.

What i propose is this:

2 day event with overnight camping.

Day 1: Rifles (maybe airguns if i can find somewhere to offer it at a reasonable price) There is a possibility that i could book us the BSRC layout. This is a 100yard range with about 8 benchs, also a 50yard rimfire range with 2 benchs. There is also running boar (50yrds) and running deer (100yrds) which would be avalible. However i would expect this to cost a fair amount to hire and it would require us to have the correctly trained members to act as RCO for the day (might be able to sort that). I would anticipate that £10-15 each would cover the cost of the use of this range for a day.

Night: Pretty much the same as last year, we could use the green next to the BSRC layout. Although dependant on which weekend we go, they might expect some money this year (we got away with it last year due to the Biker weekend)

Day 2: Clays £40 a head using your own carts. (all money upfront) late morning with possibly some rifle shooting later on if there was enough intrest.

What are peoples views on this. I have decided that this year instead of dealing with odd amounts of money (£38.20 or what ever it was last year) i will round it off to £40 and any money made through the event would be donated to a chairty of PW's choice.

I think most people would agree that this year was a good day/evening, and we had over 25 members attend and it was great to put screen names to faces.

I would also imagine it would be organised at a similar time of the year, maybe even the same biker weekend.

So what are peoples thoughts?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bang up for it Nick, please make it the bikers weekend as it makes the place that much more lively :no:

I shot the running boar/deer last month and thoroughly enjoyed it, I take it you have contact at the BSRC? that range is fully computerised now and costs a fair bit to hire (jeez, it even costs £135 to join the BSRC for the first year!!)

My mate is an RCO, as are few bods on here I think, so if we needed on I could talk him into coming along.

If I was you I would get ALL the money up front, not just deposits, so if people drop out they loose out, and not anyone else.

I am bang up for it Nick, please make it the bikers weekend as it makes the place that much more lively :no:

I shot the running boar/deer last month and thoroughly enjoyed it, I take it you have contact at the BSRC? that range is fully computerised now and costs a fair bit to hire (jeez, it even costs £135 to join the BSRC for the first year!!)

My mate is an RCO, as are few bods on here I think, so if we needed on I could talk him into coming along.

If I was you I would get ALL the money up front, not just deposits, so if people drop out they loose out, and not anyone else.

Yeh i have 2 ways of booking the range, through my club which has use of the range and also the BASC.

However this means booking well in advance..... hense organising now.

I agree and all money will be upfront and in full, to help cover my own back.

I`m up for it again :no: Biker w/e sounds good too as there was all the entertainment etc.

Like the idea of rifles on day one but I`ll pass on the clays as i don`t want FM beating me...........no seriously,that and I`m pants at clays :good:

Also agree about the money upfront :lol:

And don't forget my free lesson into the world of Spey casting H :| (as you can tell - I haven't :good: )

I'm in :lol:

I suppose I'd better come if only to spill tea over that nice lady in the snack bar and to watch LB eat meals that would keep your average pod of blue whales going for a week :lol:

I did like the rifle shooting but seemed to be in a minority :(

Either cartridges are a lot more expensive than I thought, or these new fangled guns break easily and are best kept for decoration, or you were all scared to go first in case everyone else was better at it than you and you might get laughed at.. or what? :)

Snotty