Why you shouldn't tailgate and Oh the irony

Peskyfoxs

Driving to work on the M62 this morning, just listening on radio Leeds how apparently the police will now be able to give £100 fine and 3 points for middle lane hogging and tailgating

Every one anchors on, as is normal on the M62, I stop then just as I'm taking my foot off the brake BANG

The car 2 back had gone straight inot the car behind me who then flew into the back of mine, no one badly injured though looks like I'll be sore for few days as it was a right wallop

My trusty volvo survived the experience unlike the 2 behind who will be written off

Picturewall003_zps29af303e.jpg

Picturewall010_zps7e4186a3.jpg

The guy in the clio managed to bend his steering wheel with his arms !

Just glad no one was added to the ever increasing serious stats that the M62 is racking up

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had the same thing this morning on the way to work, a mini cab driver on his mobile phone 10 feet behind me on the A47 dual carriageway through Peterborough!!!!

Accidents waiting to happen, hope the Police issue loads of these fixed penalties!

In addition to the two new on the spot fines that the OP mentioned, I also see that the £40 for the phone use is going up to £100 - not quite sure if that is also on the spot though.

Still reckon for HGV drivers caught using mobile phones and laptops while driving it should be a mandatory 12 month ban.

They are in charge of one hell of a potential killing machine and are supposed to be professionals after all.

Still reckon for HGV drivers caught using mobile phones and laptops while driving it should be a mandatory 12 month ban.

They are in charge of one hell of a potential killing machine and are supposed to be professionals after all.

As opposed to a 2 tonne Range Rover?

Passenger cars kill the most pedestrians. Truck drivers, while there's always some idiots, at least know that points == no job.

its the most fundemental error which i myself have made, it should be emphasised to trainee drivers until the instructor is blue in the face, never ever get near the car in front, i was the victim of a cash for crash gang. its not just natural factors that can catch you out when getting too near to the car in front, sadly there are criminal factors too. Glad you are o.k. :good:

As opposed to a 2 tonne Range Rover?

Passenger cars kill the most pedestrians. Truck drivers, while there's always some idiots, at least know that points == no job.

Personally I'd see the penalty across the board for driving while using mobile phones raised to a mandatory ban. Nobody has to use one do they? It is a personal choice to seriously endanger other road users. It is definitely on the increase, wherever you drive it is apparent so people must think they are unlikely to be caught?.

If truck drivers know that points = no job why do we see so many phoning and texting while driving?

Passed a idiot yesterday reading what looked like a ******* newspaper, it was big enough to cover his steering wheel and had big pages when he turned over, he looked at me stupid when i beeped my horn at him :mad:

He was only looking at the pictures!!!! :good:

glad you are ok tailgating really gets me raging

another thing they may fine you for is sitting in the middle lane

unfortunatly for me i do it often the way i see it is if i am doing 70 mph nobody should overtake me anyway and i see more accidents when people swerve over to the inside lane i can understand the problem if you are sitting at 60 mph but 70 bahhhhhhh humbug

unfortunatly for me i do it often the way i see it is if i am doing 70 mph nobody should overtake me anyway and i see more accidents when people swerve over to the inside lane i can understand the problem if you are sitting at 60 mph but 70 bahhhhhhh humbug

Oh dear! :sad1:

You may titter but this is where my car ended up, I'm stood beside the car that hit me when I took the pic

1_zpsa0e5d48c.jpg

That was a close one!! From looking at the picture "the end was nigh"

I have to agree that if you are doing 70 it shouldn't matter, there is another lane for the morons to use if they have to come past, people bang on about how dangerous to use mobile phones but are more than happy to race past you speeding or if they are really idiots then flash the lights to try and get you to move when you are already doing the maximum speed limit.

Sorry to hear about your crash but glad you are uninjured peskyfoxs.

Edited by smokinggun

Do you know BurnleyDave?

You may titter but this is where my car ended up, I'm stood beside the car that hit me when I took the pic

'twas not a titter, more a suggestion. If you can't beat them, join them. You have a legitimate claim.

Good job you were driving a strong car. Otherwise, commiserations!

What are your thoughts on indicating if you're taking, say, the first exit at a round-about?