Sharing guns and the same cabinet...

jonesbach

I have tried to have a quick search through past posts on this matter but cant quite find an answer specific to my question.

I know some of you will come back saying to contact my FEO, which i will be doing anyway, but thought I would see if anyone else has been in the same situation and what your own experience was.

I already have both shotguns and firearms in my cabinet which is kept at my parents house. Included in these are both rimfire and a centrefire rifles.

The query I have is, if my dad was to apply for both shotgun and firearms certificate, listing the exact same calibres that I have on mine, would we then be able to share the same cabinet and in turn share the same guns?

Assuming we would, are the guns owned by me then just listed on my dads cert as well?

Thanks in advance :)

my son and i have both have fac&sgc, we each have the same calibre rifles but have to have seperate cabinets, we cannot have access to each others rifles, shotguns are ok, so no i would say your dad would need his own storage :no:

Edited by landrover

my son and i have both have fac&sgc, we each have the same calibre rifles but have to have seperate cabinets, we cannot have access to each others rifles, shotguns are ok, so no i would say your dad would need his own storage :no:

Ah, but in YOUR case you both own different S.1 guns - the calibres being the same is of no relevance - in the OPs case, he wants to SHARE the S.1 guns = quite a common thing on one household, though as you say more common and less of an issue with S.2 items

Ah, but in YOUR case you both own different S.1 guns - the calibres being the same is of no relevance - in the OPs case, he wants to SHARE the S.1 guns = quite a common thing on one household, though as you say more common and less of an issue with S.2 items

is dad wants to apply for fac&sgc and same calibres, i think he'll need seperate storage (do'nt want to seem argumentative) :good:

Edited by landrover

is dad wants to apply for fac&sgc and same calibres, i think he'll need seperate storage (do'nt want to seem argumentative) :good:

perfecly acceptable provided all guns are listed on both certs. I have one cz .22 listed on mine and my grandfathers cert and we both have access to it. ownership and access to are very different matters, I have guns in my cabinet that I do not own. The owner does not have access to them.....

So basically guns can be shared as long as all of the guns in the storage are listed on both certs.

Edd

Hi landrover I bought the mags off you (well the son did)

Me and my son share the same cabinet and have both guns listed on certs ie .22 and .17hmr and the only difference is my son wont have a shotgun and my feo said it was quite adequate to keep a trigger lock on the shotgun as he didn't want my son be able to use it apart from that he said everything was ok to share the same cabinet even having separate guns as my feo at first wanted us to share the said calibers , I then said I wanted my son to look after his own rifles . We toyed with the idea at first, sharing that is as it would keep the cost down but I didn't want to spend say £500 on a rifle to then find the stock had been bashed about and I knew I hadn't done it and I said that to my feo and the chief super granted us a full fac apiece so I also think its what sort of case you put up to them for wanting to share (cabinet that is)

paul

My son-in-law and I have sharing conditions on our FACs. We have separate homes and safes. We have access to each others cabinets and can borrow and share each others weapons, rimfire centre fire and fac air. Even different Force areas. When he started he had mentoring conditions, but I was quickly able to say he was safe and competent. FEOs from both forces have been great.

my mate and his son have the same thing. both have all the guns/rifles with there numbers on both licences and it says for borrow and share on there licence but they both live in the same house so I dont no if that would be a problem for you 2

Edited by crossy 666

Yet another question on the same topic. I have my shotguns in my cabinet at my address. My son is about to apply for his sg 2 license, would he be able to keep his gun in my cabinet even though he lives at a different address, as i thought part of the requirement when the FEO pays a visit was to show him a secure cabinet.

Yet another question on the same topic. I have my shotguns in my cabinet at my address. My son is about to apply for his sg 2 license, would he be able to keep his gun in my cabinet even though he lives at a different address, as i thought part of the requirement when the FEO pays a visit was to show him a secure cabinet.

No reason why not, but you need ALL guns to list on BOTH SGC.

You are allowed to swap/barrow/lend/have access to, other shotguns for up to 72 hours with no paperwork, but if you BOTH have a key/access to the cabinet then you BOTH have access to each others for over 72 hours.

Simple process with a SGC, just write to your region and tell them! :good:

He would prefer to see safe storage on visit one as it saves him another visit to check, but there is no requirement for this.

Edited by Dekers