Beer Can Chicken

billytheghillie

Indirect heat is the key here - put a biscuit tin/mess tin on the shelf under the chicken and pile the coals around and not in it so it barbecues and doesn't grill

I have big green egg envy, but the price is ridiculous - Have used one in the US and they are awesomely good. You can go from gentle pulled pork/brisket temperatures to inferno like tandoor heat and back again in minutes, but it come with a ludicrous price

Yes, it may be good but.... oh boy, what a price!

DO NOT TRY THIS BEER CAN CHICKEN!!!!!!

Off on holidays this week, so after cutting grass early in morning and having nothing else pressing to do, I decided to light the BBQ and try this chicken thing............The problem I found that after drinking half a tin of beer and sticking the other half tin up the chickens jacksy, I fancied another beer, and another....and another :lol: leading on to I think 10 tins :lol:

Now as for the chicken it was absolutely beautiful, and the 2 hour doze in the garden in this beautiful weather was fantastic too :)

Atb Rich

DO NOT TRY THIS BEER CAN CHICKEN!!!!!!

Off on holidays this week, so after cutting grass early in morning and having nothing else pressing to do, I decided to light the BBQ and try this chicken thing............The problem I found that after drinking half a tin of beer and sticking the other half tin up the chickens jacksy, I fancied another beer, and another....and another :lol: leading on to I think 10 tins :lol:

Now as for the chicken it was absolutely beautiful, and the 2 hour doze in the garden in this beautiful weather was fantastic too :)

Atb Rich

:lol: :lol: no regrets then :good: what holidays are for :yes:

Good God. I started looking for a LANG barbeque and stumbled across this bunch of middle-class tossers...

Check out the video on the Big Green Egg and click on the discover more link to watch all the guffawing Jemimas and Jeremy's...

http://www.biggreenegg.co.uk/discover

didn't read into it but isn't that just a pimped up charcoal bbq?

Good God. I started looking for a LANG barbeque and stumbled across this bunch of middle-class tossers...

Check out the video on the Big Green Egg and click on the discover more link to watch all the guffawing Jemimas and Jeremy's...

http://www.biggreenegg.co.uk/discover

I watched it until he used an electric temperature probe on his chicken. Not only does he not like the lower class dirtiness of a standard bbq, but now he can't even check the food's done without some new fangled contraption! That just about sums it up for me - no thanks!

Ah, but you're overlooking the efficiency and household savings of the thing, after all 'if one bag of charcoal can last 100 hours, think of the savings on gas!' he guffaws.

Although quite why - when you're back garden is the same size as the average row of terrace houses and you've just done over a grand on a barbecue - you'd worry much about your gas bill leaves me a bit puzzled... Oh well.