How much do you pay for an RFD transfer?

aris

£13.95RDF are ripping everyone off it costs £13.95 for TNT the rest is paper work..I sent a gun last week to gunshop just sent photocopy of FAC with the Gun and sent 7 day notification to police with photo copy of receiving RDF cert that the receiving gun dealer sent me.

Edited by Davyo

Paper work at my RFD is 50 quid - plus any shipping charges if you are sending a gun elsewhere. Sounds like most other places charge 25 pounds - and 25 pounds buys a fair bit of petrol.

I think your RFD must run around in a little lincoln green suit and I think he is a robbing B, I would be looking for an other RFD.

TNT have commercial restrictions on account applications and not all RFDs would qualify for whatever reason e.g. turnover too low ; this would particularly affect small business / part-time / work from home RFDs and those who have their RFD just to satisfy their gun collecting interests. Most of them round here send / receive for £25.

£13.95RDF are ripping everyone off it costs £13.95 for TNT the rest is paper work..I sent a gun last week to gunshop just sent photocopy of FAC with the Gun and sent 7 day notification to police with photo copy of receiving RDF cert that the receiving gun dealer sent me.

Depends who they use. ParcelForce have increased prices recenetly and £25, or thereabouts, is usual. £50 for the dealer to charge is high (or not if it includes the carriage) but dealers can charge what they like. Our charge is £30 plus whatever it costs to post.

If you want to avoid paying a dealer just send it your self via Royal Mail.

J.

Depends who they use. ParcelForce have increased prices recenetly and £25, or thereabouts, is usual. £50 for the dealer to charge is high (or not if it includes the carriage) but dealers can charge what they like. Our charge is £30 plus whatever it costs to post.

If you want to avoid paying a dealer just send it your self via Royal Mail.

J.

Huh? Do you have any firearm certificate of any sort at all?

i paid £20 to have one sent to my rfd and £20 to collect it, same to collect another gun that was sent... all the talk of tnt charges, remember the more you send the cheaper rates you get, i use tnt and ups in work, i pay around £6 for ups and £13.95 for tnt (use tnt for last minuted deliveries as their depot is close by) but one of my customers who sends several parcels per week compared to my one a month pays under £6 for tnt

To post a gun via TNT as an private inivdual cast £40 plus the standard carriage so around £50 if your a member of the GTA this drops to between £15-25 depending how many guns you send a week.

Mr TNT has just been for a visit to me so these figures are correct as of 20 minutes ago. So £15 to send a gun plus then packaging £20-25 seems about right.

might be an idea to shop around some other local dealers, that way you could go back to yours and say well mr X will do it for £x amount, will you match that ?

could also say, if so i will be getting some extra stuff too, ammo etc ?

i use this technique a lot, usually works for me.

just this morning i did it with phone company, told them Talk Talk was X amount, ( to be honest i didnt even check i just winged it ) BT matched it so i would stay.

Edited by JackD

might be an idea to shop around some other local dealers, that way you could go back to yours and say well mr X will do it for £x amount, will you match that ?

could also say, if so i will be getting some extra stuff too, ammo etc ?

i use this technique a lot, usually works for me.

just this morning i did it with phone company, told them Talk Talk was X amount, ( to be honest i didnt even check i just winged it ) BT matched it so i would stay.

Honestly couldn't be bothered. This same RFD who charges 50 pounds to receive a transfer also has different prices on his website than what he sells for in store. I'm not sure how legal this is as he does not state this anywhere on his website - but doesn't bode well with me.