Midland game fair 14th and 15th September

Pinkella

I was going to go Sunday but as said before its full of ******, saw lots of theft last time I went so I'm not bothering..

I will be so disappointed if it turns out to be anything like what you have described above. And with nearly £40.00 to enter with my wife it is also a costly affair.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like its going to be a wet Game fair this year lads, especially Sunday as the forecast says gale force winds and heavy rain all day. So it defo looks like a wet weather gear day with a good pair of boots to go with it. Hope to see/ meet a few Sunday even if we do get half drowned in the process of walking about.

DD

Well am in okay and without problem. Just sat with a bacon and egg bap at the Rhug Estate van. Gotta say the scenery is pleasant :D

Love that Welsh accent.

Time to spend some hard earned now. Just waiting for Paul aka Shropshire Lad to turn up !

ATB

Matt

Well am in okay and without problem. Just sat with a bacon and egg bap at the Rhug Estate van. Gotta say the scenery is pleasant :D

Love that Welsh accent.

Time to spend some hard earned now. Just waiting for Paul aka Shropshire Lad to turn up !

ATB

Matt

Going tomorrow also. Today was alo e, tomorrow with the Mrs.

A great day had, nice food, weather fine, traffic managed well so straight in and out !

Thankfully I didn't see any ####'s or any BFGW style folk !

A few guys I follow on you tube I got to meet which nice including a guy from America !

Happy with my few small purchases also.

ATB

Matt

Managed to get hold of some 53grn vmax so stocked up to max on those and sorted out 3lb of Varget, so a good day.

Got a free tenterfield fox call too,,, and managed to get a noise out of it. Probably looked a bit weird driving home with this thing in my mouth and rosy cheeks. Some strange looking sights there too.

Managed to get hold of some 53grn vmax so stocked up to max on those and sorted out 3lb of Varget, so a good day.

Got a free tenterfield fox call too,,, and managed to get a noise out of it. Probably looked a bit weird driving home with this thing in my mouth and rosy cheeks. Some strange looking sights there too.

Who had the 53grn v max and varget please, going tomorrow.

Reggiegun

I went to the Midland today with Jason and young Tom.

We had considered giving it a miss due to the weather forecast, but decided to go come what may.

It was a return visit for me following a break of some 10 years or so.

The first thing that I noticed was that access had been improved with zero disruption.

The last time that I went I got in for free as I'd won two tickets in a Sporting Gun competition, the admission charge then was £10, today it was £19.

I had a very interesting chat with John Batley on the GTA stand and David BASC on the BASC stand, whilst there I bumped into Caeser off PW.

Had a quick chat with Paul Hart, and a few members of the syndicate.

Made contact with a number of possible new suppliers for the shop and website.

Whilst gun makers row seemed bigger than I remember, sadly a number of significant players were abcent, such as GMK and Browning to name just two.

I wasn't over impressed with Gamekeepers row either, but overall, despite a little rain to round the day off we enjoyed our day and will return next year.

I'm now seriously considering a stand for the Bernardelli guns, but the price of a stand will have to be right!

webber

It wasn't me.

I was surprised I could get any at all let alone 300. I ordered some Varget off another stand after quite some time groveling :-) but it will hopefully be worth it. I just couldn't get the same result with 140. I suppose more time I could have but I only had 15 53grn left at the time.

Had a great day. Weather was ok. Just got back to the car before heavens opened up.

I was generally impressed with it overall and I will go again.

Good to see webber again, I've not seen him for a few years.

My misses cost a fortune. That wasn't in the original plan. It was me that was supposed to be spending all the money. LOL.

Got to the venue at half 9 and noticed from the off the strong police/security presence that was there ( which was a good thing ) and it seemed to keep the ****** away from nicking all the time. Only heard a few off a couple of minor stalls saying they had stuff whipped off them.

Didn't bump into any other pigeon watch members all day which would have been nice to do so. Picked up some Norma 75 grain V max for my .243 and and some whinnies for my rim fire. Left buying a lab of carts till last minute and glad I did as they were heavy to carry the half mile ack to the bus along with every thing else like the crow decoys I bought. Spent around £200 in the event but I got everything I wanted now. Weather held off till about half 4 and then it hammered down and we had a bit of a soaking walking back to the bus. All in all a nice enjoyable day out in good company. Hope to go agin next year now.

Can't say i was overly impressed with the place this year but i did manage to get Harkila jacket and pants a waistcoat. Got a few other little bits and bats too. In all the weather held off most of the day and had a very interesting chat with Mike at the Brock Norris stand. Rain hit at around 4.00pm so decided to leave it there and make the 100 mile trip back home.

i said to my mate ime sure i just see aload of foxes following that truck on the other side of the motorway :lol:

i said to my mate ime sure i just see aload of foxes following that truck on the other side of the motorway :lol:

They may have been following me home but they dropped off miles before my permissions, i tried it out last night but no sign,(a little practise at home before,the Mrs was well impressed :no: ) but my other new gadget worked but the Bloomin Fox winded me as soon as i went for the rifle all i could see was its little bottom flying down the field. My own fault i had a blond moment.

I was surprised I could get any at all let alone 300. I ordered some Varget off another stand after quite some time groveling :-) but it will hopefully be worth it. I just couldn't get the same result with 140. I suppose more time I could have but I only had 15 53grn left at the time.

You must have got them all, Clark's had sold Saturday, managed to get some from Brock and Norris.

Reggiegun

Edited by reggiegun