Shooting without an open ticket....

Michaeli

Hi guys,

Im still quite new to FAC's and the Law.

How does it stand with people shooting on other people permissions with out an open ticket?

Im offering people to come rabbit shooting with me on a golf course and on an other forum a comment was made they need a open ticket.

From what I understand as long as they have permission to shoot on that land (they have my permission and I will be with them and I have permission off the land owner to let others shoot with me) and they are shooting calibres the land has been passed off for then they would not need an open ticket. (They can check with the police before shooting)

From what I understand with an open ticket. As long as you have permission on the land you are experienced enough to decide what calibres can be used and the land does not have to have been passed off by the police.

Am I right or totally wrong?

Dont hammer me as Im still learning.

Thanks

Michael

They would be fine as long as the land has been passed for the calibre they are shooting, I guess you will know as you have the permission for it. But, some people get a closed ticket which only allows them to shoot a specific area of land, for them to accompany you they would have to have it cleared and added to their FAC.

They would be fine as long as the land has been passed for the calibre they are shooting, I guess you will know as you have the permission for it. But, some people get a closed ticket which only allows them to shoot a specific area of land, for them to accompany you they would have to have it cleared and added to their FAC.

Agree. I think (never had a closed ticket) the wording is something along the lines of the firearm is to be used for vermin etc and zeroing at such and such address or land deemed suitable by the Chief Constable of the area you're shooting in.

Agree. I think (never had a closed ticket) the wording is something along the lines of the firearm is to be used for vermin etc and zeroing at such and such address or land deemed suitable by the Chief Constable of the area you're shooting in.

Stumpy is also referring to the closed condition that restricts shooting to the land named on the FAC, rather than the semi closed to which you refer.

You may never have come across this.

Mine just says land deemed suitable by the chief constable, so as long as the land has been passed for the calibre, then they i would be ok, in a similar way the just need to check the wording on their licence

So its not just a case of having permission.. But i assume you have had the land checked by the police if you are shooting it?? Unless of course you are only shooting with air rifle?

If they have open tickets then yes, it would be upto them to decide if its safe or not

Like I said bud. You've got the "and guest" on your permission slip. This entitles them to use it. The land is also on the database (I checked before I came)

Tell the trolls to do one. Syp were fully aware of what I was doing as I rang them to check. They said it was ok.

If not, blame Mary at syp firearms.

Hi guys,

Im still quite new to FAC's and the Law.

How does it stand with people shooting on other people permissions with out an open ticket?

Im offering people to come rabbit shooting with me on a golf course and on an other forum a comment was made they need a open ticket.

From what I understand as long as they have permission to shoot on that land (they have my permission and I will be with them and I have permission off the land owner to let others shoot with me) and they are shooting calibres the land has been passed off for then they would not need an open ticket. (They can check with the police before shooting)

From what I understand with an open ticket. As long as you have permission on the land you are experienced enough to decide what calibres can be used and the land does not have to have been passed off by the police.

Dont hammer me as Im still learning.

Thanks

Michael

Without reading the other replies you're 100% correct.

Thanks

Michael

You are 100% correct Michael.

I asked the same question to my feo a few months back who said it is ok as long as the land is cleared for the calibre, and that you have the landowners permission for that person to be there.

I don't have my own permissions, my FAC is closed and I get the occasional invite to shoot. My feo told me the same as yours. All I do is phone or email her to check if the land is cleared for my calibres.

As my farmers official shooting agent ,I can take who ever I want on his land to shoot ,shot gun or rifle . Any body can use my, or the farmers guns as estate guns under my supervison.

Providing you have permission for guests from the land owner ,then you are allowed to take them along with or with out their own guns . You will be acting as the land owners agent .When I take guests out to shoot I like to introduce them to the farmer . The farmer is then able to see who they are and what cars they are driving . I have members off this forum who help me out on the rape and they have been introduced to the farmer face to face .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

As my farmers official shooting agent ,I can take who ever I want on his land to shoot ,shot gun or rifle . Any body can use my, or the farmers guns as estate guns under my supervison.

Providing you have permission for guests from the land owner ,then you are allowed to take them along with or with out their own guns . You will be acting as the land owners agent .When I take guests out to shoot I like to introduce them to the farmer . The farmer is then able to see who they are and what cars they are driving . I have members off this forum who help me out on the rape and they have been introduced to the farmer face to face .Incidently you do not need a FAC or a shotgun licence to shoot if occompanied by the land owner or his agent .

Harnser .