I did'nt get to where I am today .....

Harnser

Bottom line, however you look at it, there is a section of the population who take the **** out of the system, which in concept, was never intended as a lifestyle choice.

There is a shortage of jobs

The country is over populated, which begs the question of why we don't do something about the open door immigration policy.

People who for all their working lives have been net contributors are getting naffed orf at the people who are effectively living off their backs with no intention of looking for or accepting work.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, however you look at it, there is a section of the population who take the **** out of the system, which in concept, was never intended as a lifestyle choice.

There is a shortage of jobs

The country is over populated, which begs the question of why we don't do something about the open door immigration policy.

People who for all their working lives have been net contributors are getting naffed orf at the people who are effectively living off their backs with no intention of looking for or accepting work.

:good: That sum's it up in a nutshell :yes:

As your opening sentence states, a section of the population taking the ****,not everyone claiming benefits are shister's :no: BB

As your opening sentence states, a section of the population taking the ****,not everyone claiming benefits are shister's :no: BB

I am struggling to see where ANYBODY within this thread has suggested that "everyone claiming benefits are shisters"

The usual bleeding heart suspects are however leaping from the woodwork to twist what others have said to make it appear so.

My daughter was for a good while one of those workshy, money grabbing scum.....as many would class her but where I live jobs are scarce.

She eventually took a job as a care worker and to her credit she loves it.

What is wrong is that she has a zero hour contract and some weeks only gets a few hours work and is in fact worse off than being on the dole.

When that is one of your options would any of you realistically say that it is worth the hassle of going in to work ?

She has to drive all over, sometimes an hours journey either way and all she receives is a petrol allowance which just sees her break even on the fuel and a wage for the time she spends with the client. No travelling money.

Her best weeks wage up to now is 25 hours and in the current climate I think her employers are taking the urine on a royal scale.

There are many jobs like this out there and I can honestly understand why many refuse them.

Taking into account the expenses she now has as an employed person out of the system, she is very rarely better off in real terms than when she was on the dole.

Sorry to ask a silly question but what is "travelling money"

As your opening sentence states, a section of the population taking the pi$$,not everyone claiming benefits are shister's :no: BB

I don't think anyone on here claims that everyone claiming benefits is.

Edited by keg

Yes, but if someone inherits a fortune, I haven't funded /paid for it. Indeed, chances are someone earned it, once, and as it moves to the next generation there's death duties that go into the Government coffers.

The Country is skint, and nowhere else in the world do people get something for doing nothing. We can't afford an open ended benefits system. I'm all for a temporary safety net but that's it.

Too right Mungler. When my mother-in-law passed away, the largest part of her estate went to HMRC. We should have been cuter on tax planning but she had MS and we didn't know if she needed long term care.

thinking about it you could probably find a part time job for under what you can work and keep your benefits for maybe 8 hours and still keep the benefits and tell them to poke their 36 hours up their **** , if you have a part time job you are not unemployed for 3 years you could get round it :lol: unless theres small print that says you must have been in full time work.

Edited by overandunder2012

thinking about it you could probably find a part time job for under 16 hours that paid more than £56 for maybe 8 hours and still keep the housing benefits and tell them to poke their 36 hours up their ****

And that Mr O/U is the right thought process. If you can earn more whilst working less then go for the job.

:lol::lol: :lol:

That was a funny read, George does look like a scout himself sometimes.

:lol::lol: You think whatever you like mate :good: you seem to have all the answers,that's me jogging on from this post :yes: atb BB

Does that mean you have run out of arguments? :lol::lol:

And that Mr O/U is the right thought process. If you can earn more whilst working less then go for the job.

i think its what i would do in that position if i couldn't find full time then it seems the only way to go if you dont want daily visits to the job center and you never know it might lead to something better . the oldr people get the more likely they could find themself in this situation as i imagine finding work after a redundancy at 50 could be a tough call so it wont just be young chavs on this.

Edited by overandunder2012

that will get the county back on its feet and jobs for the young, now I know the lunatics are further a field than essex, christ on a bike bob a job will sort it out eh, me thinks he played with his woggle a tad to much the raving mad out of touch freak.

KW

She gets a fixed sum per mile....I suppose I should have said fuel allowance but when you factor in wear and tear, tax, insurance etc as the main use of her vehicle is work, she's a net loser on this too.

Aha, thanks for confirming. No car allowance I take it? Do you mind me asking what the mileage allowance is?