I did'nt get to where I am today .....

Harnser

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34! I have been paying in for 46 and paying more a year now in tax than the average wage, never needed to claim a penny, but I don't begrudge one bit anyone having to use the benefit system, when I was lad there was always a skid row I.E.those who did not want to work, and yes there still is but it is a tiny proportion from those out of work and who would work if it was viable, perhaps if we reduced the amount of low skilled workers by improving education, and dare I say it stopping the influx of non needed economic migrants (along with the exploitation of that labour pool) then we might have a fighting chance, still nowt much gets the blood flowing better amongst the hard done by's than a bit of benefit bashing does it. :lol:

KW

my daughter gets £56 and nothing else can you come and advise her how to get 44k please oh ever so wise one.

KW

There's a ever so simple way to earn more than that £56 a week job seekers, that I can advise on easily, its called find a job

There's a ever so simple way to earn more than that £56 a week job seekers, that I can advise on easily, its called find a job

come on clever lad pop round my house and I will take you down the local job center where you can get my daughter a job, pm me when your coming.

besides I asked you how she would get 44k for not working seems like all blusterers you don't actually know.

KW

Edited by kdubya

Right I heard on the internet or radio that they only have to work this workfare after being on Jobseekers for 2 years or more, or has it changed?

Isnt one of the main reasons for this is to get people back into a routine of getting up for work and all that?

Scrap all benefits, problem solved.

34! I have been paying in for 46 and paying more a year now in tax than the average wage, never needed to claim a penny, but I don't begrudge one bit anyone having to use the benefit system, when I was lad there was always a skid row I.E.those who did not want to work, and yes there still is but it is a tiny proportion from those out of work and who would work if it was viable, perhaps if we reduced the amount of low skilled workers by improving education, and dare I say it stopping the influx of non needed economic migrants (along with the exploitation of that labour pool) then we might have a fighting chance, still nowt much gets the blood flowing better amongst the hard done by's than a bit of benefit bashing does it. :lol:

KW

my daughter gets £56 and nothing else can you come and advise her how to get 44k please oh ever so wise one.

KW

Your daughter is one of the lucky ones, her father is obviously well enough off to help her out financially which is great but I feel sorry for the kids irresponsibly bred by benefit scroungers to up their incomes, what chance do they have later in life? It is just perpetuating the problem isn't it.

At one time my ex-wife was getting more in benefits (totalled up) than me and new Mrs T were by BOTH working. To add insult to injury I also had to give her MORE money via the blasted CSA. Now as far as I am concerned, no one should be better off on benefits than they are by working, so the system needs a damn good shake up.

Sorry, but big screen TVs & sky, PCs, mobile phones, tobacco and alcohol are all luxuries. If you can afford these when on benefits you are getting too much money, simples!

How you reinstate that differential God only knows - it will either bankrupt the country or create major civil unrest. There is no 'quick fix', it's quite simply a complete and utter mess :yes:

My daughter was for a good while one of those workshy, money grabbing scum.....as many would class her but where I live jobs are scarce.

She eventually took a job as a care worker and to her credit she loves it.

What is wrong is that she has a zero hour contract and some weeks only gets a few hours work and is in fact worse off than being on the dole.

When that is one of your options would any of you realistically say that it is worth the hassle of going in to work ?

She has to drive all over, sometimes an hours journey either way and all she receives is a petrol allowance which just sees her break even on the fuel and a wage for the time she spends with the client. No travelling money.

Her best weeks wage up to now is 25 hours and in the current climate I think her employers are taking the urine on a royal scale.

There are many jobs like this out there and I can honestly understand why many refuse them.

Taking into account the expenses she now has as an employed person out of the system, she is very rarely better off in real terms than when she was on the dole.

KW

KW

Tell her knock some sprats out that's were the money is at.

Karpman

My daughter was for a good while one of those workshy, money grabbing scum.....as many would class her but where I live jobs are scarce.

She eventually took a job as a care worker and to her credit she loves it.

What is wrong is that she has a zero hour contract and some weeks only gets a few hours work and is in fact worse off than being on the dole.

When that is one of your options would any of you realistically say that it is worth the hassle of going in to work ?

She has to drive all over, sometimes an hours journey either way and all she receives is a petrol allowance which just sees her break even on the fuel and a wage for the time she spends with the client. No travelling money.

Her best weeks wage up to now is 25 hours and in the current climate I think her employers are taking the urine on a royal scale.

There are many jobs like this out there and I can honestly understand why many refuse them.

Taking into account the expenses she now has as an employed person out of the system, she is very rarely better off in real terms than when she was on the dole.

From what you have said here your daughter doesn't fall into the category of the workshy scrounger, by working in a poorly paid job she has pretty much proved that. There is a definite difference between people who can't work and those who won't work, unfortunately there are quite a number in the latter category and some of those seem to breed large broods of kids to gain more benefits, trouble is they are not only adding to the current tax burden but their offspring are very likely to do the same.

What has to happen and from the sound of it the majority want to see happen, is a reckoning with the ones who won't work.

I started my little business with nothing...it was either take a job i didn't want, or start up on my own, I can't remember how i did it , i guess i was knackered working for half price until i had enough for a van..

my 1st leaflets where hand written and a friend ran a few copies off for me, i went to every flooring shop until one gave me a trial.... i did two years with him, moved back to devon and started again..this time, i had at least had a van and some tools :lol:

I guess i am saying, if jobs are not there..create one ,

i don't know what the rest of the country is like, but down here there are many car cleaning places sprung up, and they all seem to have a cafe beside them , they always seem to be busy

I had an idea of making meals served in a Yorkshire pudding, like a small roast.... how many old people around would take up a meal for a few £

come on clever lad pop round my house and I will take you down the local job center where you can get my daughter a job, pm me when your coming.

besides I asked you how she would get 44k for not working seems like all blusterers you don't actually know.

KW

Sorry is the job centre the only place to get jobs these days?!?! Does no one at all advertise job placements it local news papers or shop windows anymore??? Jeez didn't realise that, keep popping out kids claim disability, drink special brew and smoke pot and your half way there already

Tell her knock some sprats out that's were the money is at.

Karpman

nice sensible well thought out educated answer not.

KW

Sorry is the job centre the only place to get jobs these days?!?! Does no one at all advertise job placements it local news papers or shop windows anymore??? Jeez didn't realise that, keep popping out kids claim disability, drink special brew and smoke pot and your half way there already

damn never thought about a card in the newsagents yep that will get her on 44k a year tut tut silly me.

KW

KW

damn never thought about a card in the newsagents yep that will get her on 44k a year tut tut silly me.

KW

Card in the newsagents?!?! Can't remember saying that but never mind, I suppose the normal super markets that are recruiting most of the time ain't good enough?

If you want to work there is work, your better off on the dole getting it all paid for a previous mate of mine proved that, he asked me one why I did 80 hour weeks and quick shift changes an never saw my Mrs when he sits on his butt all week has his rent and council tax paid for, never puts his hand in his pocket and expects more each year.. he had a good point but I call it principle, stupid I may be but I sleep well at night which with my past is not easy at the best of times.as for the comments about hope you don't have to claim, well the last time I needed to I joined the army. I was 18. Didn't enjoy it but it helped out in a time of need, I grew up and got a job with some responsibility and an appreciation of money, something lacking these days.

I know its not easy out there but if Starbucks or whoever are paying minimum wage and its all there is then take it. Not every job pays mega bucks. We all start somewhere.

My father worked for 55 years and was laid off, they paid his stamp for a week and said no more. They asked him how many jobs he applied for and he passed over 450 application forms from tea boy to area manager, as an x director of a bank with 2 Degrees he couldnt get work but would have swept the streets as he was not lacking in moral fibre. I really wonder about the upbringing of children today if they are encouraged to stay at home and live of handouts. Makes me sick get a job, its not that hard provided you don't expect to retire at 22.

edited for typos

Edited by GingerCat

KW

KW

Easy ,have a load of kids and claim for all kinds of benefits and a very large council house .

Harnser .

If you want to work there is work, your better off on the dole getting it all paid for a previous mate of mine proved that, he asked me one why I did 80 hour weeks and quick shift changes an never saw my Mrs when he sits on his butt all week has his rent and council tax paid for, never puts his hand in his pocket and expects more each year.. he had a good point but I call it principle, stupid I may be but I sleep well at night which with my past is not easy at the best of times.as for the comments about hope you don't have to claim, well the last time I needed to I joined the army. I was 18. Didn't enjoy it but it helped out in a time of need, I grew up and got a job with some responsibility and an appreciation of money, something lacking these days.

I know its not easy out there but if Starbucks or whoever are paying minimum wage and its all there is then take it. Not every job pays mega bucks. We all start somewhere.

My father worked for 55 years and was laid off, they paid his stamp for a week and said no more. They asked him how many jobs he applied for and he passed over 450 application forms from tea boy to area manager, as an x director of a bank with 2 Degrees he couldnt get work but would have swept the streets as he was not lacking in moral fibre. I really wonder about the upbringing of children today if they are encouraged to stay at home and live of handouts. Makes me sick get a job, its not that hard provided you don't expect to retire at 22.

edited for typos

That says it all, your Father had moral fibre, knew right from wrong and got on with things, all sadly lacking in the new I DON'T NEED TO WORK generation!

nice post ginger cat,

my grandson is 12, he washes his dads car once a week and does the dishes he gets £5 on a friday evening, his parents do pay for his sports events, which he loves,

but they feel its important to show him , money isn't free

He must be a fast worker, otherwise he's getting below minimum wage? ;)

KW

KW

You want me to lie to you? It's the truth, a career choice some might say and growing trend.

Karpman