I did'nt get to where I am today .....

Harnser

The problem is most of the people that I now who are out of work are looking for work but there are not many jobs about that pay a living wage but why not just slag them oll off after all its more fun that way.

Then we will get the people who will say get a bucket and some laders and start a window cleaning round the only problem is H&S you must have a van with water and long pipes and brushes as ladders are not safe any longer when did you last see a proper window cleaner.

Just like wot I did :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sure a proportion of those people also paid tax and NI to allow them to receive there benefits, during the hard times they have currently fallen on. You seem to assume they are all work shy dole scum, what about people who have paid lots of tax over the years ?

No, I make no assumptions, I am however aware of the Jeremy Kyle Generation!!!!!

Those who have NEVER worked, breed without thought and expect to be kept in cigarettes, alcohol and with colour TV and Sky without ever putting anything into the economy of this once proud country!!!!!!

I do pay tax, quick a bit of it as have worked my *** off after not being able to join the RAF after school for medical reasons. I worked many jobs, getting up at 3am to go work labour, working 3 menial/part time jobs to add up into a decent wage, and more recently working in sales, sometimes 7 days a week to hit targets to stay employed.

But I will not support when we start sending people to work 37 hours a week COMPULSARY and only pay them £56PW.

How long doing that before the government no longer see the need to employ people in unskilled jobs, because they have this "labour force" to do the jobs practically for free.

How long before they start training the "unskilled work force" to do slightly skilled jobs, and then stop paying the workers in those sectors ?

And I'm sure a proportion of those people also paid tax and NI to allow them to receive there benefits, during the hard times they have currently fallen on. You seem to assume they are all work shy dole scum, what about people who have paid lots of tax over the years ?

:good::good: Don't bother arguing with them mate :no: they really are up-themselves :yes: lets hope all the post's calling anyone claiming benefits a scrounger,never need to claim themselves,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

For a lot of folks it's not just 56 quid a week, 500 pound a month rent 122 pounds council tax 120 pounds a month for there 440 pounds a month + for there 2 children in tax credits plus whatever the old dole throws at em and I'm being conservative.

No hassles, 40+ more hours to sit on your **** or earn some tax free.

Oh and you can even earn a bit the legitimate way, get ya misses working in the local chippy couple nights a week for beer tokens and your made.

Washing machine blows up get a crisis loan no problems.

Feel sorry for the folks who can't honestly get a decent living wage, and let's face once your in the system your not about to start doing 40 hours a week on minimum wage because you would be about 20 quid better off if your lucky lol.

Karpman

The problem has been put there by liberal politicians. The country is totally overpopulated in terms of size, infrastructure, and crucially its economic opportunities. How can you seriously flood the country with people from the third world, from Europe, and then preside over an enormous home grown underclass and expect prosperity. I am afraid its out of control. How can it be right that people go to work for these multi-billion pound companies, get paid a pittance, and then the taxpayer underwrites the difference so people can survive. It's disgusting, if the minimum wage was fit for purpose it should be £15 an hour.

The last 60 years of political governance have been rubbish, including thatcher who I liked, she just temporarily upped some peoples spirits.

No, I make no assumptions, I am however aware of the Jeremy Kyle Generation!!!!!

Those who have NEVER worked, breed without thought and expect to be kept in cigarettes, alcohol and with colour TV and Sky without ever putting anything into the economy of this once proud country!!!!!!

Yes that,s the ones don,t want to work, don,t need to work because we pay them not to work so make em WORK! :mad:

I'm not seeing anybody here saying that everybody on benefits are lazy work shy scum but anybody who thinks they don't exist live in a fantasy land!

Rest assured that no government would look to find ways of sorting these people out if they didn't think the majority of the population weren't in favour of it.

The problem has been put there by liberal politicians. The country is totally overpopulated in terms of size, infrastructure, and crucially its economic opportunities. How can you seriously flood the country with people from the third world, from Europe, and then preside over an enormous home grown underclass and expect prosperity. I am afraid its out of control. How can it be right that people go to work for these multi-billion pound companies, get paid a pittance, and then the taxpayer underwrites the difference so people can survive. It's disgusting, if the minimum wage was fit for purpose it should be £15 an hour.

The last 60 years of political governance have been rubbish, including thatcher who I liked, she just temporarily upped some peoples spirits.

The whole minimum wage thing is a bit of a red herring, we never had such a thing when we started work. Realistically what anybody should be paid for a job is what it is worth, trouble is we have so many unproductive people being paid to produce nothing of value that I fear we will never return to actual prosperity.

As you rightly say the country is massively overpopulated and it is looking likely to get worse when we get the new influx from Europe early next year!

Rather than give them money have everything given to them. I.e. food when they go to the jobcentre, tokens for fuel (or have a meter paid remotely). What else do they really need? a bus pass with limited rides. And say a fiver a week incase they run out of bog roll etc.

how are they going to pay for the latest model mobile phone.

Its not just 56 quid a week, as said above its rent, council tax, medical, etc etc etc, add that up and its on minimum wage. Why not get them picking litter and encourage them to get a job if they want to live better. The state's did this and unemployment fell overnight. How surprising.

Besides thr dole is there to stop you starving to death yet every time I visit a council house they have sky, 50 in plasma tv's, nice BMW on the drive, kids in designer goods, smoking fags, yet don't work. That's my tax, your tax, paying for that why not ask for something back.

:good::good: Don't bother arguing with them mate :no: they really are up-themselves :yes: lets hope all the post's calling anyone claiming benefits a scrounger,never need to claim themselves,BB

I agree with what you say apart from one thing, I do really hope they do need to claim at some time , as little humility would do no harm to some here.

KW

I agree with what you say apart from one thing, I do really hope they do need to claim at some time , as little humility would do no harm to some here.

KW

Nothing wrong with claiming, I have paid in to the system for 34 years and so far have claimed 3 weeks unemployment benefit in 1984!

Nothing wrong with claiming, I have paid in to the system for 34 years and so far have claimed 3 weeks unemployment benefit in 1984!

I've done 42 years and never got a bean mate!

Always hope that there might be a bit of cash left in the pot when I come to claim state pension, if I survive that long. It would be a bit galling if there wasn't any due to lazy work shy scroungers drawing it all out in benefits.

Edited by old rooster

34! I have been paying in for 46 and paying more a year now in tax than the average wage, never needed to claim a penny, but I don't begrudge one bit anyone having to use the benefit system, when I was lad there was always a skid row I.E.those who did not want to work, and yes there still is but it is a tiny proportion from those out of work and who would work if it was viable, perhaps if we reduced the amount of low skilled workers by improving education, and dare I say it stopping the influx of non needed economic migrants (along with the exploitation of that labour pool) then we might have a fighting chance, still nowt much gets the blood flowing better amongst the hard done by's than a bit of benefit bashing does it. :lol:

KW

£56 a week?!?! They need some tips from this family 44k in benefit a year, me and my partner earn half of this and we both work!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1309201/95k-year-benefits-family-12-homed-1k-week-house.html

my daughter gets £56 and nothing else can you come and advise her how to get 44k please oh ever so wise one.

KW

34! I have been paying in for 46 and paying more a year now in tax than the average wage, never needed to claim a penny, but I don't begrudge one bit anyone having to use the benefit system, when I was lad there was always a skid row I.E.those who did not want to work, and yes there still is but it is a tiny proportion from those out of work and who would work if it was viable, perhaps if we reduced the amount of low skilled workers by improving education, and dare I say it stopping the influx of non needed economic migrants (along with the exploitation of that labour pool) then we might have a fighting chance, still nowt much gets the blood flowing better amongst the hard done by's than a bit of benefit bashing does it. :lol:

KW

my daughter gets £56 and nothing else can you come and advise her how to get 44k please oh ever so wise one.

KW

Amen to that!

KW

Hmmmmm. a little humility - now let me see.

The benefits system was devised for those temporarily out of work, or for those incapacitated and as a result could not work. Oh, and yes, to help those 'temporarily' down on their luck (or whatever you want to call it). Very fine motives, as most will agree.

Not, NOT to support those who want to sit on their shiny backsides bemoaning the rich bankers and those who earn a wage through fair effort.

I left school at 16 on the fair wage of less than £4.80/week as a management trainee, and at the age of 21 moved on as I was signing overtime payments more than my wage.

At my next job I was made redundant when I had a huge mortgage and a young family. Instead of wailing about the ills of the world I got another job at a lower salary, and then moved on again.

I have recently retired, and due to 'good luck' managed to pay off my mortgage early and squirrelled away some to ensure a decent retirement. For the past 15 years I put away a third of my salary into my pension fund, when I could have nissed a lot of it against the wall and had two holidays a year/expensive cars' etc., etc.

Good luck - if you are fit and healthy with a work ethic you tend to make your own good luck in this life.

Like many I have supported the scroungers who carefully calculate whether or not it is best to work or to be parasitic and live on benefits provide for by the likes of me.

Don't talk to me about humility - a friend of mine had a job that consisted of visiting council houses that were trashed and wrecked by those that complained about their ill luck, whilst filling their waste bins (the floor) with booze cans and dog-ends. He had to sort out these hovels of their own making, and put them back to a reasonable condition.

Giving these layabouts cash is a waste of time, and as someone has said vouchers are the only answer.

Humility - don't make me laugh!!!