Constant sport

decoy1979

So with today being my one day off in 15 I had plans to get out after the pigeons, the teachers at our local infant school then go on strike so the children are at home and my dental appointment is rescheduled for midday so time is limited. The wife arrives home from work just after 13.30, the gear is in the truck and i'm off to see what I can find. I head to fresh drillings that I'd watched pigeons on whilst taking the dog on his morning walk, few were down and very little movement, oh dear.. Off to the other side of the permission it is then, as I come down the road a number of birds lift and drop back down. As I enter the field there are birds flighting onto a borage stubble and adjoining wheat drillings, I watch for a while and pick a spot under a tree on the ditch/hedgerow between the two fields. Hide set up and well pegged down as the wind was picking up and 12 shell decoys out, all the time birds are moving around me, by the time I walked back to the hide having moved the truck birds were dropping in. I settled in and started building a bag, I found the birds were quite particular with a single bird on its back or to many birds down in the kill zone and they wouldn't commit. Someone else was having some sport somewhere out behind me which was helping to keep to birds on the move until around 16.45 when the birds started heading to the woods. I had some good sport with some challenging shots with birds on the wind. I also achieved my first triple since picking up the hatsan so all in all a good day, final bag 76 woodies and 3 ferals.

post-20169-0-75213400-1380656507_thumb.jpg

Edited by decoy1979