Only in america.

delburt0

Its amazing how much money they can throw at this kind of thing for pest control. I know that they have massive amounts of land to cover in comparison to the UK but it does kind of take the field craft aspect out of the picture completely!

+ 1 about the stalking, not exactly subtle is it,,, they could always sell these as let days they would make a fortune :). :). :)

I appreciate it is pest control but even pests deserve a lot more respect than shown here...multiple shots and leaving animals without ensuring they are dispatched is rather distasteful in my opinion.

i agree there was more than one piggie scratting around when they flew away, not got a problem with there ethics but it is not very dignified not ensuring a kill and leaving them in some cases no doubt to have a slow and painfull death ... Edited by delburt0

altho the expense could be high and the piggys can suffer to me its look much more cost effective and pest control effective than having men on the ground covering very little land (in comparison) and shooting little (in comparison).

Looks like the tools for the job.

It was very effective in the Galapagos on goats.

I appreciate it is pest control but even pests deserve a lot more respect than shown here...multiple shots and leaving animals without ensuring they are dispatched is rather distasteful in my opinion.

Also they only got the mature animals. Presumably if the piglets cant fend for themselves, they will starve?

Edited by aris

Also they only got the mature animals. Presumably if the piglets cant fend for themselves, they will starve?

+1 not humane I no helicopters are not cheap to run but would take time to do the job properly in the cull also pick my quarry , boars juveniles etc , this is just shoot on sight, not humane really but I suppose it boils down to it being in the u s of a .... Edited by delburt0

I'm not condoning anything.It's pest control;it's a dirty job.

Rats and mice are poisoned;is it slow and painful or quick and painless? Some rats are hunted with terriers...is it quick and painless?Does anyone care?

Rabbits are shot all year round,which in spring leads to many young starving to death.Is that inhumane? Some think so,others don't.Its pest control.It is what it is.

Rats and mice are poisoned;is it slow and painful or quick and painless? Some rats are hunted with terriers...is it quick and painless?Does anyone care?

Rabbits are shot all year round,which in spring leads to many young starving to death.Is that inhumane? Some think so,others don't.Its pest control.It is what it is.

dirty job , your not a bin man , you shoot to kill not to inflict pain and suffering, that's me anyway.. You carry on as you will.

+1

Your missing the point mate,

The point I am trying to make is that I would make sure whatever I shot was dead before I moved on.

Anyone that goes deer stalking on here would not partially cripple a deer and walk off without looking for it.

I'm not missing the point at all mate.Everyone on here no doubt tries their best to ensure a clean,instantaneous death,but it's not a perfect world and doesn't always happen.What about the rabbit that for some unfathomable reason has its lower jaw blown off rather than the clean head shot we intended,which then scuttles down some hole? If it doesn't bleed to death in agony and survives it then has a slow starvation to look forward to being unable to eat.How many have a spade never mind the intent to start digging at 1130 at night to look for a rabbit you don't know the whereabouts of?

For all I know the helicopter came round again to finish off the wounded,but more than likely it didn't.I'm not condoning it,just thinking of the practicalities.It wasn't sport,it was pest control.It's not an ideal world I'm afraid.

No one intends to wound,but it happens.

There's a world of difference between pest control and deer stalking.