Ir illuminator

denbo

Visit here - http://####.com/index.php

As said above - Look up Sikastag or Marky610 - I have 2 of the T20 IR torches from Sikastag - they're awesome.

+ 1, the T20 with the oslon black will let you see to 200yrds +, with the photon you do not need a lot of light as the unit is very sensitive , as dave G on here has proved even a cheap 1watt ebay ir is enough for the photon

great thing with the T20 is you have an adjustable zoom head so you can widen the beam if its too bright and causing bleeching,

my advice is speak to ian at ir.light.builds@gmail.com he will make you an infrared T20 and you will be more than happy with the results,

failing that speak to dave G on here and he will build you a 501b infrared

both of the above are excellent torches and Both are more than adequate for the photon, you do not need to go out and spend a fortune on an infrared torch when it will be no improvement on the two above torches using the photon,

good luck with whatever you choose

atb Evo

Sikastag posts next day delivery,and im sure all 3 mentioned would help out with any issues if they occurred,Taclight was the only kiddy two years ago,now people building better and cheaper,plus the NM800 is not without its fault,bought one when they first came out,went back twice,tailcap switch issue,extension tube issue then failed all together all in a month,took a while to get a refund.Upto you really but if I wasn't building my own,know where I would be shopping.

Just to show rather than simply claim what can be done with the Photon and a humble 501b IR conversion - which I stand by if I supply it, erm in recycled packaging and proud of it. :)

Each are more than needed for the Photon at rimfire ranges - and I prove that here:

Or longer distance scenes and more in depth results, during moonlight, cloud covered moon light etc

all I can say is 700 yrds I agree you can probably still see to those sorts of distances but I certainly would not like to even attempt to shoot anything that far

take a look at this video, here is a guy who knows what he is talking about and listern to his commentary regarding shooting the fox, here is also 3 kits together in comparison

see what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kzv1NaDfsTw

daveG had to laugh when that last bunnie ducked in the first video, had it happen to me and I also nailed him when the second shot was fired :lol::lol:

also Telf, thanks for that mate you are a true gent to deal with

atb Evo

Sikastag posts next day delivery,and im sure all 3 mentioned would help out with any issues if they occurred,Taclight was the only kiddy two years ago,now people building better and cheaper,plus the NM800 is not without its fault,bought one when they first came out,went back twice,tailcap switch issue,extension tube issue then failed all together all in a month,took a while to get a refund.Upto you really but if I wasn't building my own,know where I would be shopping.

the main difference is one is a business paying tax etc and the other is in a back room not declaring anything which is the main cost difference.

the main difference is one is a business paying tax etc and the other is in a back room not declaring anything which is the main cost difference.

please explain ???

I didn,t know you where doing their tax returns ???

or is this just you thinking out loud ???

can you mainly explain HOW you know they don't pay tax ???

please explain ???

Now now gents. Give us a chance to get the popcorn. :good:

Matter of interest I've got an Elcan digital hunter which doesn't seem to like the illuminators I used on a pulsar n550. I used a n1000 and a l808, both throwing to silly distances, obviously the n1000 fleuring but who cares at 500 yards? The Elcan doesn't seem to like either of them. Could it be because they are lasers and would an IR torch be a better bet?

Edited by DaveK

please explain ???

Come on you can't be serious to believe that the bods selling home made gear on forums are registered businesses.

If nothing else tac light will be big enough to have to charge vat.

Ultimately one looks professional comes in a decen box and just works. The others are home made and sold ad hoc. Some are happy and indeed prefer that others buy the off the shelf product.

Now now gents. Give us a chance to get the popcorn. :good:

Matter of interest I've got an Elcan digital hunter which doesn't seem to like the illuminators I used on a pulsar n550. I used a n1000 and a l808, both throwing to silly distances, obviously the n1000 fleuring but who cares at 500 yards? The Elcan doesn't seem to like either of them. Could it be because they are lasers and would an IR torch be a better bet?

You won't believe the difference a far cleaner and wider beam totally different to lasers

i have torches from 2 members on here and am over the moon with them,they both" look " professional as you say and yes they didnt come in a "decent" box,but i dont use the box so am not bothered

i would much rather not pay for fancy packaging and whether the lads pay tax on them or not (i personally am pretty sure they do ) is not my business,but would much rather put the money in the lads pockets who through their hard work and knowledge have brought the price of lamping/nightvision down to a price that is affordable to the normal working man rather than some multi national business whose prices seem a bit extorsionate to say the least

that is my opinion on the matter and i would like to say a big thankyou to the lads whose torches i have

These people make the i.r have spent alot of there own money developing there torches. (yes in there sheds, this is what the British are famous for) they also know alot about night vision and how to build our own kit. They give out as much information as you want for free. if you cant understand some parts they will help you no end. They have saved me a fortune. There advice is unbiased, not like alot of shops which will sell you something thats complete waste of time . If you dont want to buy a ir from them they will tell you were to buy all the components from and how to put it together. In case you a worrying that the tax man doesn't get his share.

Nm800 lamp is less than 80$ in usa cheaper in china........tackight is screwing everyone his returns customers relations are useless.....

Nm800 lamp is less than 80$ in usa cheaper in china........tackight is screwing everyone his returns customers relations are useless.....

Where can you get them for less than $80 in the US and where can you get them from in China

Geordie

The nature of importing items and reselling through a legitimate business in the UK means that there has to be a considerable mark up to make the whole thing viable.

Anyone who has ever run the gauntlet of UK customs and excise will know this. I frequently buy items from both the usa and China, very few items escape attracting any duty, often the duty payable is almost half the value of the items purchased. Add to that running a business, paying tax, offering warranty and after sales service etc. There very necessarily has to be an increase in price, often almost doubling the cost in order to make profit.

Doing this on a large scale and holding stock into the thousands of pounds is a very different proposition to ordering two t20's for your mates from China!

Edited by mick miller

Where can you get them for less than $80 in the US and where can you get them from in China

Geordie

+1. I bought all my X Searcher kit from America, via a friend who lives there, and the torch cost more than $80. I also tried to order the Nite Master/ X Searcher direct from China, but was told that they only supply the importers, and will not supply individuals.