Coffee teabags

welsh1

As the title,i got a free sample in a mag today ,and it was from lyons, it was a coffee bag,you place it in your hot water ,dunk it until desired strength,remove and throw in the bin.

Now is it just me that thinks lyons marketing dept is a screw loose of a shilling.

When i make coffee, i use hot water a spoon of coffee(yes I'm cheap) stir, spoon in sink, drink coffee, no mess no waste.

Lyons want me to dunk a coffee bag,then dispose of it into a bin, dripping everywhere,it takes up a load more space than coffee granules and is a waste of resources.

Award for daft idea of the week. :lol:

I used to remember that the only way you could get a half decent cup of coffee was to find a restaurant or cafe that did the Rombouts coffee filters - the plastic pots that held ground coffee in them that you would pour water over and into a cup.

This coffee tea bag appears to be the same principal but simpler.

I used to remember that the only way you could get a half decent cup of coffee was to find a restaurant or cafe that did the Rombouts coffee filters - the plastic pots that held ground coffee in them that you would pour water over and into a cup.

This coffee tea bag appears to be the same principal but simpler.

Good point, i had forgot all about them :good:

the Lyons bags are great they make a really nice filtered style coffee handy for when out shooting or fishing flash up the mini stove boil some water and hey presto decent coffee. i also like the Asda one cups too these are like a filter pre filled with coffee you pour hot water through these make a nice cuppa too :D