Tugged by the fuzz

ferretfiddler

Got my 1st tug from the police in years today ;-( crossed a solid white line joining the M6. Expected a decent roloking from PC this is my motorway but ended up having the whole bend over jobby. Apparently they report the offence nowadays & you get 3 choices, training course + cost - fixed penalty of £100 + points (thought it was £60, but plod said £100) or court.

Looking like the £100 fine + points ;-( well pee'd off with me self, & the screaming skull had a do just to add insult to injury.

I know I was in the wrong but £100 fine, that's a tub of powder, heads & free kin primers with change AAAaAGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please no do gooders getting in on it

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't you say you were a polish hgv driver seems to work on police interceptors ???

Oh I forgot your British sorry mate to the dock with u !!!

System stinks we all no it ........

Still your fine will buy a few jars at there crimbo party...

Workin man shafted again.......

Edited by delburt0

They have recently given the police more powers to decide what penalties you get at the roadside and upped the fines.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-penalties-for-careless-driving-come-into-force

So it depends how serious the offence is deemed the more you will pay.

Steve

Edited by stevo_m

Fixed penalty is 60 and 3 points. Take the course, even if its a bit more, it will work out better in the long run, won't have to tell insurance for next 5 years who will increase premium. And no blotch on your renewals

Went up 1/8 apparently. I got stopped for speeding early sept and got £100 & 3 points.

I'm with Elephant part of admiral and your quite correct they do they were the first company to do so I believe.....

The rest will likely follow.... Renewal was way higher than comparison sites prices (was on multicar) so got separate pixies with insurers that didn't want to know...

If that is the average law abiding citizen's once a decade exposure to the police (revenue collectors) then god help the police.

If you go to work, pay your taxes and your only involvement with the police is say once every 10 years for a minor motoring offence (and what the OP describes is minor) then this is not how a stop like this should go down - it should be a telling off, a bit of good cop bad cop and then a warning.

To my mind the government / police would rather take £100 off Joe Average at the cost and expense of middle England support of the Police.

Edited by Mungler