not happy (second hand 22 hornet)

ian g

bought second hand 22 hornet from a shop about 4 weeks ago only just had chance to use it today for the first time tryed to zero my pulsar 750 on it and the pulsar runs out of side ways adjustment and it still shooting 2 foot to the right i know the pulsars ok it zeros fine on my 17hmr and 308 not happy at all was ment to be foxing tonight

bought second hand 22 hornet from a shop about 4 weeks ago only just had chance to use it today for the first time tryed to zero my pulsar 750 on it and the pulsar runs out of side ways adjustment and it still shooting 2 foot to the right i know the pulsars ok it zeros fine on my 17hmr and 308 not happy at all was ment to be foxing tonight

Is it still grouping? - if so it's the scope and not the rifle.

To be honest, unless the rifle is scattering shots all over the place (Rather than just "two foot right"), it's very unlikely to be the barrel. I'd double check the scope.

Edited by Bleeh

Take the scope off and hold a straight edge on the rails and point it along the barrel, see if it is parallel?

+1

also try another scope, if similar probs arise then it's an alignment problem.

not quite the same but i had a similar problem with an air arms s400, the point of impact would move left and right when i changed distance to targets. turned out the barrel wasn't fitted square into the breach. this happened on a daystate i had too, though not quite as obvious :lol:

Edited by Paddy Galore!

+1

also try another scope, if similar probs arise then it's an alignment problem.

not quite the same but i had a similar problem with an air arms s400, the point of impact would move left and right when i changed distance to targets. turned out the barrel wasn't fitted square into the breach. this happened on a daystate i had too, though not quite as obvious :lol:

yer il have to have a look at that tomoz see if it shows anything up am confident that its not the scope

just quickly take the moddy off and try without, so many bad threading jobs about- seen this before a time or two, it could also be a moddy issue but easy peasy to check out by trying sans moderator. Could also be barrel alignment into the action or a bent barrel but at 2ft off at max adjustment it will be so bad you should see it without needing a DTI. Also likely its the dovetail size and mounts not marrying up

think iv worked this out half me being an idiot and part me wanting to get out with the new gun how the pulsar mounts to the gun they over run the end of the dove tailes on the gun making the scope i think point to the left unable to see but thats what am sure is happening you carnt move the scope back because it stops opperation of the bolt so the next question is should i file the material on the mounts on the pulsar or should i file out the radius on the dove tail on the gun

post-25879-0-07829300-1385646047_thumb.jpg

post-25879-0-29377300-1385646056_thumb.jpg

think iv worked this out half me being an idiot and part me wanting to get out with the new gun how the pulsar mounts to the gun they over run the end of the dove tailes on the gun making the scope i think point to the left unable to see but thats what am sure is happening you carnt move the scope back because it stops opperation of the bolt so the next question is should i file the material on the mounts on the pulsar or should i file out the radius on the dove tail on the gun

Eeek, after reading that get some help off someone who has less radical thought patterns.

I cant really be bothered double checking the whole post and trying to understand the description used but is the OP by some chance trying to fit the Pulsar directly to the CZ rail when if i remember correctly, the pulsar is weaver/picatinny rail fitting?

I couldn't make out what he was on about but I think you've hit the nail on the head, he's trying to fit the Pulsar directly on to the dovetail !.

I recon you've sorted his problem.............. He needs to buy a dovetail to weaver adaptor.

Blue tack, sticky tape, toilet roll and washing up liquid bottle, bit of paper mache and then powder paint!

But make sure you have an adult supervising! :lol::good:

No adults were needed in the abuse of this equipment ! Edited by Amazed