New Fowling Coat

grahamch

Am looking for a new jacket to replace a Riverswest Alan Jarrett jacket. Have had no prblems with the Jarrett but it is woefully short on pockets.

I'd like a short jacket, same length as the Jarrett with plenty of pockets, a must is an internal zipped pocket for keys.

Prefer breathable one too at a sensible price.

All recomendations on jackets and suppliers welcome, the shops around me have very little to offer.

Ive had no probs with my eider but my favourite is from a firm down Exeter way called Country Covers... coat is the Falklands coat... pricey but with 4 year warranty... when i queried warranty saying 'yeah and if i tear it on barbed wire in 3 years what then' they replied we will repair or replace as we deem necessary, no problems.

removable liner that can be worn separately so you effectively get 3 coats for one.

Nic

Ive had no probs with my eider but my favourite is from a firm down Exeter way called Country Covers... coat is the Falklands coat... pricey but with 4 year warranty... when i queried warranty saying 'yeah and if i tear it on barbed wire in 3 years what then' they replied we will repair or replace as we deem necessary, no problems.

removable liner that can be worn separately so you effectively get 3 coats for one.

Nic

I should forget their warranty, I had major issues even getting a simple refund on mis described goods. It involved an investigation into misrepresentation in the end by trading stds. Don't you believe they make everything at their farm in Devon my goods were sent from Wolverhampton and never even visited Devon on their holidays (for all I know they were made in bongo bongo).

well I've had a few items from them, including one item made to order and cant fault any of the service I have had over the last 4 - 5 years also the other kit they stock sell etc under the brand Arktis I ve used in the military and police for donkeys years...

Before anyone comments, no i am not on commission or connected :rolleyes: , just a satisfied customer who will go back to them with more business :good: .

well I've had a few items from them, including one item made to order and cant fault any of the service I have had over the last 4 - 5 years also the other kit they stock sell etc under the brand Arktis I ve used in the military and police for donkeys years...

Before anyone comments, no i am not on commission or connected :rolleyes: , just a satisfied customer who will go back to them with more business :good: .

Well I aint one Nic and last I heard it was a pending criminal investigation against them

looked at cabelas lots of choice but postage seems a lot. Any experiences?

I bought a Hertas jacket at the start of the season from Cabalas, £111.00 including postage and taxes, delivered within 8 days.

Been in some serious rain in it at start of the season and it did'nt let a drop in, very warm too.

I bought a Hertas jacket at the start of the season from Cabalas, £111.00 including postage and taxes, delivered within 8 days.

Been in some serious rain in it at start of the season and it did'nt let a drop in, very warm too.

ive got the herters jacket great coat mine on its 2nd season and never let a drop in and never been cold in it mine was 112 quid bargain i think Edited by craig 123

a used barbours for years but at mo am using a £50 jack orton "malmsbury" it has plenty pockets an excellent hood and also has a wind flap for legs Velcro into it which I use for the dog..it is breathable and lets nowt in!...used it 2 seasons I jst bung it in washer and it comes up like new again....a wouldn't pay for cabellas..stick with English made gear meself like!!! :good:

a used barbours for years but at mo am using a £50 jack orton "malmsbury" it has plenty pockets an excellent hood and also has a wind flap for legs Velcro into it which I use for the dog..it is breathable and lets nowt in!...used it 2 seasons I jst bung it in washer and it comes up like new again....a wouldn't pay for cabellas..stick with English made gear meself like!!! :good:

You put your dog in a Barbour?

ive got the herters jacket great coat mine on its 2nd season and never let a drop in and never been cold in it mine was 112 quid bargain i think

I have had a herters for 5 years, and its a top coat, but does yours have that mega annoying habit of letting water into the pockets but not out again lol. Mine leaked for the first time at the end of last season, re proofed it and its spot on again :good:

I have had a herters for 5 years, and its a top coat, but does yours have that mega annoying habit of letting water into the pockets but not out again lol. Mine leaked for the first time at the end of last season, re proofed it and its spot on again :good:

I have the same jacket and was surprised when I slipped going down the bank side to wade across and ended up sitting in water nearly to arm pits stood up to find my pockets were now bags of water with carts sloshing about. Had to tip water and carts out :lol: very good jacket light warm and waterproof.

All the Cabelas gear I've got is very good :good:

Figgy