shooting to high

rrw

hi recently purchased a al391 tenkys beretta semi auto and used it twice so far. was shooting at recent shoot old guy behind me said i was shooting over the top so lowered barrel by 2 foot at 20 yards below target he said i was still shooting over the top? does any one else have this problem and if so how did you over com e it? i sold a beretta 302 and could hit most things with it so its not a case of a semi auto please any advice greatly welcomed. also does any one know if you can purchase shims for the gun that are bigger than the ones in the gun? thanks mark.

The shims crop up on E*ay or try your local gunshop.

You might consider shooting at a pattern plate to see if you are shooting high. I wouldn't start buying shims until someone I trusted - and knew what they were talking about in terms of gunfit - advised me.

If you see the same man again - wait until he shoots - stand behind him and when he misses one, say "you were over the top with that one" or the other favourite "you were behind that one", until he gets the message.

Brilliant for driven stuff find the positive in this

Enjoy your new gun

My opinion ( worthless realy) is that every person watching you says your behind infront over the top or underneath

Listen to the fella who quietly says ( why you missed ) ie lean a bit int your gun set yourself up for the shot move your foot a bit

Oh and try it on a pattern plate

All the best

Of

Your problem is with unsolicited advice from people who have more confidence in their own opinions than is warranted.

My husband has a gun that fits, but is inclined to shoot over the top of things because he lifts his head. This opinion was given to him by someone whose opinion I think I can trust. I share it with you in case you are doing the same thing.

The pattern plate calls methinks.

Best advise I can give you is to pattern plate the gun. find some ones who really knows to help you a coach/instructor from your

local clay ground etc. People giving opinions are to be taken with a pinch of salt unless you know these guys are good quality shotswith plenty of experience. There are plenty of know alls in shooting but not many that know all. best of luck.

You should certainly get advice from a professional or at least someone who's opinion you can trust. I also think putting several hundred shots through it before doing anything drastic is sensible because I think it is also common to divert your focal attention back to the gun and not the target when using a new gun. Good luck.

Your problem is with unsolicited advice from people who have more confidence in their own opinions than is warranted.

My husband has a gun that fits, but is inclined to shoot over the top of things because he lifts his head. This opinion was given to him by someone whose opinion I think I can trust. I share it with you in case you are doing the same thing.

I have a habit of doing this too.... Not as easy to solve as gunfit.....

actually it is solicited, the lifting the head is a correct point but so can many other mounting or handling faults exist. A gun is not normally fitted before a consistent good mount is in place