HELICOPTER CRASH

mudbuddy

I would say it is pretty unlikely to be a bird strike, especially judging by the fact the helicopter that crashed was a pave hawk. They have pretty small engine intake and the fact that they are directly below the blades would make it even more unlikely to happen considering the amount of force they push the air down with below them. Im not saying that it isn't but the chances of it being are very small.

Very sad all round, I am a little surprised by the fact the helicopter appears relatively in tact.

I'm sure it is a total, but somehow I expected to see a tangled mass, not a helicopter!

from what I could gather there were 2 flying that night, the one that crashed is little more than fragments.......the second one landed next to crash site, sure you're not confusing the two ?

Very sad all round, I am a little surprised by the fact the helicopter appears relatively in tact.

I'm sure it is a total, but somehow I expected to see a tangled mass, not a helicopter!

the one that crashed was in pieces and just about buried in soft ground

KW

I would say it is pretty unlikely to be a bird strike, especially judging by the fact the helicopter that crashed was a pave hawk. They have pretty small engine intake and the fact that they are directly below the blades would make it even more unlikely to happen considering the amount of force they push the air down with below them. Im not saying that it isn't but the chances of it being are very small.

Rumours are that it hit a large flock of pinks.

Bird strike makes a lot of sense right now - short of any press releases. They were flying low over a bird reserve. If it spooked a flock of pinks, they'd just go straight up in a panicked cloud of feathers. I take your point Mr Sheen, but we're not talking about 1 goose. If some Pink-footed geese were roosting there, we could easily be talking talking hundreds of birds, it'd only take one in the right place

Given the amount of pinks in the area at the moment (we're spending several hours a week chasing them off our fields!!) and the fact they like those marshes it does seem a plausible reason for the accident. It is very close to home though as I'm no further from the crash site than what Stevo_m is (Langham), so lucky it didn't happen a few hundred metres further inland!

Given the amount of pinks in the area at the moment (we're spending several hours a week chasing them off our fields!!) and the fact they like those marshes it does seem a plausible reason for the accident. It is very close to home though as I'm no further from the crash site than what Stevo_m is (Langham), so lucky it didn't happen a few hundred metres further inland!

Hi neighbour!