Tail docking

henry d

nice one h signed it

can you still get your spangels docked or not at the mo???

i would like to know as my spaniel is dew on sat pics will follow :yp:

thanks kirky

Too late for the legal limit Kirky buy a pair of wire cutters, only joking you sweaty sock, if that spanner comes with a tail kick the owner square on in the balls.

I am sure it won't come to that but you know what I mean.

All the breeders down here are complying and having it done within a few days, honest guvnor ???

LB

nice one h signed it

can you still get your spangels docked or not at the mo???

i would like to know as my spaniel is dew on sat pics will follow :yp:

thanks kirky

Too late for the legal limit Kirky buy a pair of wire cutters, only joking you sweaty sock, if that spanner comes with a tail kick the owner square on in the balls.

I am sure it won't come to that but you know what I mean.

All the breeders down here are complying and having it done within a few days, honest guvnor :)

LB

and in english means what??? ??????:lol::P:D

kirky

done, what is the legal age limit for docking a spaniel and do most breeders still do them docked? We are considering a replacement spaniel for my beloved last dog who died a few weeks back. I know when we had a litter about 10years back we docked all our tails but times have changed.... unfortunately :/

Just read through the latest few names to sign. One is "please BAN tail docking"! Poor little puppy having it's tail docked when it's really young and doesn't get hurt. Isn't it better to leave it on so it can be sliced up in the brambles and need amputating later in life causing a great deal of suffering to the dog? Bloody idiot :/:no:

• 2 weeks later...
done, what is the legal age limit for docking a spaniel and do most breeders still do them docked? We are considering a replacement spaniel for my beloved last dog who died a few weeks back. I know when we had a litter about 10years back we docked all our tails but times have changed.... unfortunately <_<

our vet told us the springer pups had to be docked at 2 days old !!

so jobs done

kirky

done, what is the legal age limit for docking a spaniel and do most breeders still do them docked? We are considering a replacement spaniel for my beloved last dog who died a few weeks back. I know when we had a litter about 10years back we docked all our tails but times have changed.... unfortunately :)

our vet told us the springer pups had to be docked at 2 days old !!

so jobs done

kirky

Thanks Kirky, its stupid that the painless docking of tails in order to ensure good health and prevent tail injuries. Has been declared some form of barbaric tail chopping for the sake of it as, we all enjoy hurting dogs for fun, by some stupid people who probably have not even owned a dog!

I had my litter of Cocker Spaniel pups docked when they were 3 days old (now 16 days old) & had front dew claws removed at the same time. no problems with my vet as they are working dogs, but he told me that from March you will need to provide photographic proof of your identity (such as passport), a letter from your shoot to say your dogs works on that shoot - so far not a problem, but finally you will also need to have your pups microchipped at the time of docking. My vet charges £20-00 for the chipping. Again not too much of a problem, apart from him being a bit on the expensive side - all my other 4 dogs are chipped. But when I took my dogs to get chipped @ 2 years ago I had to provide proof that the pup I had at the time was over 12 weeks old as they could not chip dogs younger that this age. As it happens she was just under 13 weeks old.

So - if 2 years ago a pup under 12 weeks could not be chipped how is it that they will have to be chipped at 3 days old if their tails get docked ??