legal highs

lucas

do a line and let us know how you get on henry :lol:

Those days are long gone. Have a look at the drug user forums and read a few of the horror stories on there, I downloaded one to show the YP I work with and it was about a guy who took too much at the second time he tried it and had a near death experience and saw his dead gran. The physical effect wore off after a week or so but he seems to be well shook up mentally.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry, i do understand your point to an extent, as i mentioned youll never completely eliminate criminal activity, where theres money to make soneone will have a go.

That said, I personally think the vast majority of people would buy from a trusted source. Alcohol has massive tax on it, we dont have many moonshiners, nor do many people brew their own (relative to number of people who drink).

I know this may be somewhat of a generalisation, but I would imagine a good number of drug takers are the recreational types, who can afford to take drugs when they go out for a night out with their mates, or sit in front of the tv smoking a joint.

The added benefit of legalisation and regulation would mean those buying from official suppliers wouldnt 'happen'across drugs you really want to keep people away from, like is possible if they have to visit the less than respectable individuals they currently have to.

Guest cookoff013

Henry, i do understand your point to an extent, as i mentioned youll never completely eliminate criminal activity, where theres money to make soneone will have a go.

That said, I personally think the vast majority of people would buy from a trusted source. Alcohol has massive tax on it, we dont have many moonshiners, nor do many people brew their own (relative to number of people who drink).

I know this may be somewhat of a generalisation, but I would imagine a good number of drug takers are the recreational types, who can afford to take drugs when they go out for a night out with their mates, or sit in front of the tv smoking a joint.

The added benefit of legalisation and regulation would mean those buying from official suppliers wouldnt 'happen'across drugs you really want to keep people away from, like is possible if they have to visit the less than respectable individuals they currently have to.

watching fake Britain a few months ago, there was a massive counterfit group churning out more than a million bottles a year. and it was all methanol, isopropanol contaminated industrial grade alcohol, passed off as vodka.

they seized alot of counterfit booze and labels. estimated that there were millions of litres of fake vodka.

If anything makes me giggle and laugh (seems to be the patronising thing to do on this thread rather than respecting someone's view/opinion) its the amount of naive narrow minded responses from people who obviously have no experience or understanding of the subject... their ignorant responses clearly demonstrate this.

I believe that as we move forward and generations die out the view on this subject will become a lot more liberal, leading to an effective way of dealing with this issue.

My generation have a much more open minded view on the subject.

Edited by thepasty

i do agree with the legalising, cleaning, and taxing idea, as i said earlier but it does ocurr that wherever ANY driugs are sold people still need the money to pay for them, addictive substances can lead to increased use making the user less able to earn the money needed to sustain their habit,

Who cares what others put u there nose nothing to do with you /me or others each to there own

You could say it was of concern when you see cases in America of people snorting fertiliser, bath salts, whatever and attacking--and trying to eat-- people in the street. At least we know the effects of proscribed drugs which are not synthesised and have been around for many, many years.

Unfortunately, the law will never keep up with back-street chemists who are making millions.

If anything makes me giggle and laugh (seems to be the patronising thing to do on this thread rather than respecting someone's view/opinion) its the amount of naive narrow minded responses from people who obviously have no experience or understanding of the subject... their ignorant responses clearly demonstrate this.

I think you'll find it's less confrontational to enter and leave a debate smiling or with good humour.

Incidentally there is a delicious irony (which did make me smile) to your suggesting that different views should be respected and then going on to say that those that have put forward a view that you don't happen up agree with are 'narrow minded responses from people with no experience or understanding of the subject'.

That's not as respectful of other peoples' views as you might think :lol:

Incidentally I agree. You ask anyone over 55 anything about any drug and it's 'no way', anyone between 40 and 55 and it's 'why not' and under 40 and it's 'yeah I do'

I think you'll find it's less confrontational to enter and leave a debate smiling or with good humour.

Incidentally there is a delicious irony (which did make me smile) to your suggesting that different views should be respected and then going on to say that those that have put forward a view that you don't happen up agree with are 'narrow minded responses from people with no experience or understanding of the subject'.

That's not as respectful of other peoples' views as you might think :lol:

Incidentally I agree. You ask anyone over 55 anything about any drug and it's 'no way', anyone between 40 and 55 and it's 'why not' and under 40 and it's 'yeah I do'

I think you'll find my reference had nothing to do with leaving or entiring a "debate" smiling, it referenced people using laughter etc as a derogatory patronisation of an opinion.

Theres no irony at all, I respect those views as much as any other, that doesnt negate the fact that whats being said reflects a state of mind.

Edited by thepasty

Pasty calm down lad, didn't you know that " mongler" is a brief and is correct on every thing , he is the be all and end all of the PW forum, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ,

Atb

Flynny

As soon as there is a tax on something there will be someone able to undercut the price as they will not have tax to pay and then there is the possibility of the product being cut with other substances and we have a two tier drug system, those who can buy from government sources and those who can't. Just like the fake tobacco and alcohol going around at the moment.

government should allow people to grow their own dont get any cheaper than that :lol: , but your missing the point henry alot of people wouldnt go to drug dealers if their was a legal alternative, most of the people iv ever met who like this sort of thing work in offices or have other kind of jobs they would just pop down the shop like you would the off licence if they could i think.

I believe that as we move forward and generations die out the view on this subject will become a lot more liberal, leading to an effective way of dealing with this issue.

...I would assume I am part of your generation and I couldn't agree less.

From what I see of the people I encounter everyday I believe my generation are becoming wiser to the long term effects of cannabis and chemical use. We have grown up with fairly liberal attitudes, even from my parent's generation, which has led to a relaxed uptake of drugs in my generation. From my school I can name two cannabis related suicides, three long term psych cases (also cannabis) and one ecstasy death. There are then possibly twenty young adults from my year group alone who have no motivation, no ambition and talk like stroke victims and who I don't see making much of their lives in the future... guess what they smoke everyday?!

All of this because a generation before ours decided to start becoming all liberal over "recreational" drugs without knowing the long term effects. Makes my blood boil.

Are cannabis, ecstasy and legal highs any worse than alcohol or tobacco? Nope, probably not. They're all bad for you to an extent. Should they all be legalised because Tesco sells alcohol? No. Had we all been habitual weed smokers for two thousand years and someone came along and presented us with alcohol I do not believe it would be legal now.

I don't care what someone chooses to ingest for whatever reason, so long as it doesn't impact me. I'm no saint, I've tried most drugs going (5+ years ago) and I love a nice ale and occasionally a cigarette.

To tell a forum of people that their opinions aren't valid because they are not part of "our" generation is insulting and stupid. You're the naive one. Our generation has different opinions as mine and your views clearly prove. To tell other people they don't know what they are talking about it terribly bad form.

Edited by Munzy

Those days are long gone. Have a look at the drug user forums and read a few of the horror stories on there, I downloaded one to show the YP I work with and it was about a guy who took too much at the second time he tried it and had a near death experience and saw his dead gran. The physical effect wore off after a week or so but he seems to be well shook up mentally.

give me a break i wouldnt believe much i read on a forum it would be like taking relationship advice from here :lol:

it will be legal here its inevitable as you say as the old codgers die of the young will take over

i do agree with the legalising, cleaning, and taxing idea, as i said earlier but it does ocurr that wherever ANY driugs are sold people still need the money to pay for them, addictive substances can lead to increased use making the user less able to earn the money needed to sustain their habit,

many people who smoke it work mate its a myth their all on the dole

It's always surprising on these threads how many admit to an activity that would have issues on their participation in the sport they claim to like.............

as others have said before people dont have to take drugs to have views on the subject of decriminalization and taxation, countries broke theres a billion pound industry going on un taxed seems crazy not to

Edited by overandunder2012

From what I see of the people I encounter everyday I believe my generation are becoming wiser to the long term effects of cannabis and chemical use. We have grown up with fairly liberal attitudes, even from my parent's generation, which has led to a relaxed uptake of drugs in my generation. From my school I can name two cannabis related suicides, three long term psych cases (also cannabis) and one ecstasy death. There are then possibly twenty young adults from my year group alone who have no motivation, no ambition and talk like stroke victims and who I don't see making much of their lives in the future... guess what they smoke everyday?!

All of this because a generation before ours decided to start becoming all liberal over "recreational" drugs without knowing the long term effects. Makes my blood boil.

Are cannabis, ecstasy and legal highs any worse than alcohol or tobacco? Nope, probably not. They're all bad for you to an extent. Should they all be legalised because Tesco sells alcohol? No. Had we all been habitual weed smokers for two thousand years and someone came along and presented us with alcohol I do not believe it would be legal now.

I don't care what someone chooses to ingest for whatever reason, so long as it doesn't impact me. I'm no saint, I've tried most drugs going (5+ years ago) and I love a nice ale and occasionally a cigarette.

To tell a forum of people that their opinions aren't valid because they are not part of "our" generation is insulting and stupid. You're the naive one. Our generation has different opinions as mine and your views clearly prove. To tell other people they don't know what they are talking about it terribly bad form.

Therefore is prohibition helping or hindering the current situation, by being a criminal taboo are those that do need help from substance abuse able to get it like alcoholics and tobacco addicts are?

you make some good points but how many alcohol related death have you known in that time bet its a far higher figure, say what you like about drug deaths in relation to alcohol deaths each year the numbers tiny how many car crashes do we ban cars?, shooting accidents ban guns? people die thats the way it is just some things kill you quicker. in my experience most of the drugies from college days are still here but sadly a lot of the **** heads arnt . your right about 1 thing if alcohol was invented today would it be legal probably not. as you stated you used drugs i would have to say you know more about it than me but i still stand by clean it tax it legalize it. country needs the dosh why let the crims have it all, prohibition didnt work with booze it wont with drugs people will always find away

Edited by overandunder2012

Cannabis related suicides and psych cases ? Get real dude that's like saying the three people I know who have committed suicide were all " coffee related" ,there is absolutley zero medical proof in existence that cannabis causes psychosis and the entire psychosis theory was the work of one attention seeking Dutch physician just like the entire don't give your kids the MMR jab for autism debacle was the result of one stupid English doctor and remains nothing more than speculation ( but once the media gets its teeth into some contraversy it doesn't let go without a fight )just because somebody who is a tad radio rental happens to smoke cannabis does not in any way prove that the cannabis caused it . I'm 2 stone overweight and enjoy a grapefruit or two every week but I wouldn't blame the grapefruit for my waistline

One

Cannabis related suicides and psych cases ? Get real dude that's like saying the three people I know who have committed suicide were all " coffee related" ,there is absolutley zero medical proof in existence that cannabis causes psychosis and the entire psychosis theory was the work of one attention seeking Dutch physician just like the entire don't give your kids the MMR jab for autism debacle was the result of one stupid English doctor and remains nothing more than speculation ( but once the media gets its teeth into some contraversy it doesn't let go without a fight )just because somebody who is a tad radio rental happens to smoke cannabis does not in any way prove that the cannabis caused it . I'm 2 stone overweight and enjoy a grapefruit or two every week but I wouldn't blame the grapefruit for my waistline

One

+ 1, correlations don't equate to fact, especially with such a tiny sample size