Syrian refugees?!

carpentermark

Thunderbird aren't you a clever boy. Also i detest arrogant people who think they are better than others because they feel the need to pick holes in peoples grammar when it has nothing to do with the topic in question.

Edited by shootnfish

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its time to leave it now this type of **** is starting

What you actually mean is you don't understand the question, have no answer, or both.

Therefore you get huffy and label anything you don't agree with or understand as ****.

Just the kind of tactic my 9 year old uses.

What you actually mean is you don't understand the question, have no answer, or both.

Therefore you get huffy and label anything you don't agree with or understand as ****.

Just the kind of tactic my 9 year old uses.

No its when people like you make things personal and start picking faults with grammar or spelling

When this starts on a thread its time to leave it

Edited by castletyne

When people start getting personnel all reasoned debate and arguement goes out the window. Especially on such an emotive topic, things are bount to get heated but let's not spoil a good upto now exchange of views.It spoils it for the rest us reading through a personal slanging match.

Pm eachother about who's bigger and better :lol:

Figgy

Edit for spelling mistake, sod the grammar it's just ledgible.

Edited by figgy

Don't worry boys, ill bring it back..........

SIX KEY FACTS

Net migration quintupled from 50,000 in 1997 to 250,000 in 2010. Nearly 4 million immigrants have arrived since 1997. Net migration fell to 176,000 in the year to December 2012 as government policies took effect.

A migrant arrives almost every minute but they leave at only just over half that rate.

We must build a new home every seven minutes for new migrants.

England is already, with the Netherlands, the most crowded country in Europe, excluding island and city states.

The population of the UK will grow by over 7 million to 70 million in the next 15 years, 5 million due to immigration - that is the equivalent of the current populations of Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol and Oxford.

To keep the population of the UK, now 62.3 million, below 70 million, net immigration must be reduced to around 40,000 a year. It would then peak in mid-century at about 68 million.

Revised September 2013. (taken from web)

Now im not against helping anyone in need but, there has to be a time when we realise that jumping in and trying to save everybody from all over the world whenever something happens whether it be war or natural disaster cannot be sustained whilst this country is in economic turmoil! We have cut budgets everywhere, hospitals, elderly care, care for the mentally ill, education etc etc yet we continue to find £millions for other countries issues?! I just cant comprehend why we would continue pouring money we supposedly haven't got out of the country at the detriment of our own communities?

So whilst people in this country are being flooded out of there homes, children being educated in schools that are falling down, the elderly freezing to death in their arm chairs because they cant afford heating and food and patients waiting to die in hospital corridors because of lack of beds all because of this, and previous governments incompetence I'm sorry but i honestly believe we should be taking care of these issues first!

Charity begins at home, rather than fighting a moral war around the world we should be doing everything we can from saving this country resulting in its own civil war!!!

Edited by carpentermark

When people start getting personnel all reasoned debate and arguement goes out the window. Especially on such an emotive topic, things are bount to get heated but let's not spoil a good upto now exchange of views.It spoils it for the rest us reading through a personal slanging match.

Pm eachother about who's bigger and better :lol:

Figgy

Edit for spelling mistake, sod the grammar it's just ledgible.

Only just!

Anyway, Despite the serious subject I've had a great time despite the odd vitriolic private message, apologies to those I may have wound up a bit but I've been sampling a new barrel of homebrew and it seems to be fairly explosive in its effect on the old brain cells.

Regardless, I will still support limited numbers of Syrians coming to this country just to balance the numbers of Irish, Welsh and Scottish.

Goodnight!

This is all in going to say, people are pretty sad if they feel the need to pick holes in peoples grammar when it has nothing to do with what's being discussed if it was a post on spelling or use of words i would understand why they would criticize what people write. So if they have nothing better to do they need to GET A LIFE.

Thunderbird aren't you a clever boy. Also i detest arrogant people who think they are better than others because they feel the need to pick holes in peoples grammar when it has nothing to do with the topic in question.

:lol: Excellent

You edited your post didn't you? In case you hadn't noticed, I didn't pick holes in your grammar, though both it and your spelling leaves something to be desired.

By the way if you have anything to say to me you can say so publicly, therefore I quote your recent PM to me as follows:

"Your a big man aren't you sitting behind your keyboard acting all high and mighty you pompous ****."

Oh dear.

This is all in going to say, people are pretty sad if they feel the need to pick holes in peoples grammar when it has nothing to do with what's being discussed if it was a post on spelling or use of words i would understand why they would criticize what people write. So if they have nothing better to do they need to GET A LIFE.

No need to shout we can all hear you :yes:

Back to the matter in hand,are we really turning into a nation that would turn away from someone in dire trouble.

All those that have said they do not want to help,would you ignore someone who tripped in the street and needed your help? or is it just because of the refugee factor?

Only just!Anyway, Despite the serious subject I've had a great time despite the odd vitriolic private message, apologies to those I may have wound up a bit but I've been sampling a new barrel of homebrew and it seems to be fairly explosive in its effect on the old brain cells.Regardless, I will still support limited numbers of Syrians coming to this country just to balance the numbers of Irish, Welsh and Scottish.Goodnight!

Ha ha :lol: can't beat a few good posts when sampling some type of alcoholic brew. Been some classics over the years I've been a member.

Figgy

Back to the matter in hand,are we really turning into a nation that would turn away from someone in dire trouble.

All those that have said they do not want to help,would you ignore someone who tripped in the street and needed your help? or is it just because of the refugee factor?

Our country will leave some of its own people to suffer and die because of money

So when i see it throw millions at refugees it does annoy me

If I hadn't met quite a few PW members in person, and found them to be decent human beings, I would despair reading this thread and others like it. That so many people are so callous and devoid of any shred of compassion, empathy or human decency is incredibly sad. Women and kids being tortured raped and murdered you say? Who gives a stuff, its not like they are British. :(

Our country will leave some of its own people to suffer and die because of money

So when i see it throw millions at refugees it does annoy me

So are you just prepared to do nothing and become apathetic about peoples suffering?

The trickle down affect of doing nothing is just so wrong.

I've already stated my stance on the Syrian or any other nations issues.

But as to would I help someone if they fell over, in this day and litigious age I'd think twice but would want to help, but not by putting myself in any strife, id ask if they were ok if unconcous od call medical help for them.Sad but that's how far we have come as a society. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

Figgy

If I hadn't met quite a few PW members in person, and found them to be decent human beings, I would despair reading this thread and others like it. That so many people are so callous and devoid of any shred of compassion, empathy or human decency is incredibly sad. Women and kids being tortured raped and murdered you say? Who gives a stuff, its not like they are British. :(

Most have never said they don't give a stuff, just don't want anymore immigrants or financial burden on our country.

Figgy

I dont mind the refugees coming here for their own safety but I want guarantees that they will go back when things calm down none of this human rights bull*hit stops them from going back.

But this Country does need more control over immigration in total though no one can deny that.

But as to would I help someone if they fell over, in this day and litigious age I'd think twice but would want to help, but not by putting myself in any strife, id ask if they were ok if unconcous od call medical help for them.Sad but that's how far we have come as a society. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

Figgy

No, youre only dammed if you don't. I'd hope someone a bit more public spirited was around to at least try to administer first aid whilst they waited for medical aid.

Figgy

But we are only in a situation you describe because people like yourself would think twice about helping,the truth is it is extremely rare that someone would sue you,and the majority would be grateful if you saved their life.

Personally i would,and have helped,and would do it again,part of the problem of society today is the people not prepared to help and get stuck in,it is always someone else's problem.But the truth of the matter is if everyone stood up and tried to help society as a whole would be better.

I would adjust your statement slightly,

Dammed if you don't.

There, that's my diatribe over with. :)

If they were women and children that were being raped and abused, yes, bring them on.

I would rather have a monetarily bankrupt country than a morally bankrupt one. Great Britain!

removed as cant be bothered with some of the numpties on here. It'd be better if we just stuck to fieldsport IMHO

Edited by spanj

No, youre only dammed if you don't. I'd hope someone a bit more public spirited was around to at least try to administer first aid whilst they waited for medical aid.

And is it right that if you give first aid or any assistance that later shows you maybe shouldn't have done that your liable for damages if the mood takes them.

We could go round in circles with differing moral issues and never agree. I understand where your coming from and I'd rather help someone than not but not if it is going to potentially bite my on the *****.

The dammed if you do and dammed if you don't metaphor still applies legally and depending on your own veiws whether morally ,as in this country to help and get it wrong your liable to walk on by and do nothing your culpable so still sodding liable.

Edit as now the swear filter is blocking ***** so ill say *** cheek instead. No I won't I give up.

Figgy