Syrian refugees?!

carpentermark

Just been on the news that Britain will start accepting Syrian refugees! Along with the existing immigration problems and additional immigrants coming in from EU we must have more room, money, accommodation, jobs, beds in hospitals than i thought?!

what about the £millions its going to cost bringing them here, housing, feeding, medically treating them surely we should be spending that (TAX) money at home ie on flood defences down south and compensation for those who have been affected?

Is it just me or is the government of this country DELIBERATELY making it more and more difficult for the English working man/ woman to ******* survive here???

Time to close the door me thinks........ THERES NO MORE ROOM AT THE INN!

Edited by carpentermark

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have contributed most to help in Syria, the germans are taking 10,000, mainly well educated, doctors and scientists, and we take the most vulnerable.

Even more evidence that politicians live in a world I dont recognise,

Despite having major concerns over the plight of refugees, the EU creating and policing camps near Syria would help more people and allow them to return home when this essentially Muslin on Muslim conflict ends. Who says Islam is a peaceful religeon when its devotees allow this to happen to anyone?

A few hundred women and children some of whom have had rape and sexual violence used as a weapon against them, is that a big ask?

A christian country...Hmm

We are a Christian country although it won't be long before we are majority Muslim . I understand they will be allowed in with a three year visa., so what happens in three years

A they get sent back to Syria.

B their human rights allow them to carry on living here at the tax payers expense.

A few hundred women and children some of whom have had rape and sexual violence used as a weapon against them, is that a big ask?

I am all for helping the world when we can, but this country is bust, broke, bankrupt in everything but name, we can't even look after our own, so how can we cater for more?

Are any going here, to the rich neighbours.....As #4 ...... Jordan, Saudi, UAE, Quatar, Kuwait etc

I thought they said on the news this morning that Britain had already given 600 million to the conflict. I thought we were supposed to be strapped.

If we keep giving it away to foreign lands how are we going to support the real needy UK folks like White Dee and the residents of James Turner.

Edited by Freakmode

Jordan has many refugee camps and so does turkey. Plenty have gone into Lebanon too. As for the other countries, i think they are too busy supplying the terrorist with arms to fight assad.

The UK gave technical assistance to the terrorists too, although there has been no mention of the UK supplying them with any equipment once it was proven to have al-qaeda affiliated members, so who knows if we still are.

I am sure it said on sky it was only a few hundred coming.

For me I think it's getting to the point where I now think about giving up on the UK and look for a new country (Canada looks good) as this country is pretty much ruined, yes I do see the irony of this post but at least I'll be an immigrant there who can support myself.

I have no problem with the refugees as these people do need help, but I'm sick of hearing how much we're giving away and the only way to get this back is more taxes, we should be balancing the damn books before we give a penny away. /rant over

Edited by Deker

Many people on here need to take a long, hard look at themselves and the country they claim to love.

I don't love this country anymore! Its in a shocking state, thats the problem!!!

I also heard "a few hundred" but don't believe it for a second!

First it'll be a few hundred, then a few thousand and then them few thousand will require the help and support of loved ones i.e. fathers brothers uncles extended families and because of EU rules and regs and their 'human rights' they will all be allowed to come over seeking asylum and before you know it theres 50000 more mouths to feed....... Im not exaggerating its happened before, its still happening now and it'll continue to happen until something SNAPS!

Edited by carpentermark

A few hundred women and children some of whom have had rape and sexual violence used as a weapon against them, is that a big ask?A christian country...Hmm

Yes it is when we have so many problems just the same in this country with rape violence and the rest of the cack that's going on every day here.

We must draw a line somewhere and to me its when we help others and can't even help our own, how many homeless can't get accommodation, how many can't have cancer treatment or the operation they need because they live in the wrong postcode. Who is helping us as we're nearly bankrupt our Heath service is becoming a joke.

Figgy

If it was just this would not have an issue.BUT we all know that would not be all it was. :ninja::no:

Just been on the news that Britain will start accepting Syrian refugees! Along with the existing immigration problems and additional immigrants coming in from EU we must have more room, money, accommodation, jobs, beds in hospitals than i thought?!

what about the £millions its going to cost bringing them here, housing, feeding, medically treating them surely we should be spending that (TAX) money at home ie on flood defences down south and compensation for those who have been affected?

Is it just me or is the government of this country DELIBERATELY making it more and more difficult for the English working man/ woman to ******* survive here???

Time to close the door me thinks........ THERES NO MORE ROOM AT THE INN!

We want their oil back flowing again to UK and Europe so it’s only right that we take some of their refugees.. This has nothing to do with immigration moreover future commerce and is being played out way above our heads.. We can’t have our cake and eat it ! :no:

I don't see Syria as anything to do with oil it's more a proxy war being fought between the two differing Muslim ideologies with the usual meddling from the Big world powers. Iranian troops are fighting in Syria and they also supply tanks and probably aircraft as well, most of the 'rebel' forces are supplied by the Saudis.

We would be insane to get involved with this any further.

A few hundred refugees wont make a massive difference though, net migration is 250k per year into the UK.