Advice on new barrels please

SSS

I'm looking at buying a beretta al391 urika with 26" and 28" barrels included. Only problem is, the serial numbers on the barrels don't match the serial # on the gun. How would I go about having this written into my ticket? Do i need to have the barrels written down as separate shotguns?

SSS

Edited by SSS

Barrel serial numbers do not need putting on your sgc..........but someone will come along and say that they must be, the only thing is that they do not know what they are talking about :whistling:

Not arguing, but asking. Is that right? As my RFD entered mine as 'Frame' and 'Barrel', each with their own serial number, on my SGC when i bought mine.

Not arguing, but asking. Is that right? As my RFD entered mine as 'Frame' and 'Barrel', each with their own serial number, on my SGC when i bought mine.

Most make it up as they go along that the same for FEO's IMO as long as action serial is on your fine, fact is shotgun parts are not controlled only shotguns are........Unlike section 1 where some parts are controlled IIRC.

Oh BTW it gets really weird when you look at section 1 shotguns as the barrel on your section 2 is not controlled the exact same barrel on a S1 shotgun is!

Edited by HDAV

Most make it up as they go along that the same for FEO's IMO as long as action serial is on your fine, fact is shotgun parts are not controlled only shotguns are........Unlike section 1 where some parts are controlled IIRC.

Oh BTW it gets really weird when you look at section 1 shotguns as the barrel on your section 2 is not controlled the exact same barrel on a S1 shotgun is!

Many thanks. What I can't get my head around - but it's OK I can live with it - is that in law a shotgun definition mentions the barrel. If,then. there is no barrel how can it be a shotgun so who needs a certificate? There, saved us a fortune! :yes::good:

With a section 2 shotgun there is no requirement in law to have the extra barrels listed even if they are of a different calibre.

With a section 1 shotgun all extra barrels with serial numbers must be recorded on your certificate as if they were a separate firearm the same as you would do with a blazer rifle with interchangeable barrels of differing calibre's and the chamber inserts for AR15's to convert them to fire .22LR.

Although some police forces will differ slightly in there interpretation as mentioned above.