Top Posters In This Topic

Comeptitions:

1. Stalkers Test:

10 shots,

2 prone with bipod no rear rest,

2 standing, with sticks,

2 sitting with sticks,

2 kneeling with stick,

2 off bench without rest, sporting sling allowed.

1st place: £25

2nd place: £10

2. Bench rest competition.

5 shots anywhere on A4 sheet (prarie dog target) smallest group centre to centre wins.

1st place: £25

2nd place: £10

3. 300 yard target competition.

12 shots,

2 sighters to be marked,

10 shots to count, scored at end of string.

Shot at standard 300 yard target as provided by bisley.

1st: £25

2nd £10

hi there, i was originally not going to be shooting clays but now i am taking sparkies mates place who has unfortunately dropped out. there is one small problem, i dont have a gun :oops: i was wondering if anyone would allow me to share there gun? beatingisbest has already kindly affored to let me use his but was wandering if it would be possible, i.e teams? also there is the problem of carts, how do i buy them :D .

hope someone can answer my queries.

cheers james

Nick,

I will photocopy enough 300yd scorecards at work tomorrow, and for a small fee explain how they work :oops:

Cheers

Martin

:D, you can also remind me the marking system :yes: that orange/black square confuses the hell out of me.

However we are shooting this as a semi sporting shoot, so the 10 to count wont be individually marked.

James,

If you cannot find a better gun then Dad says you are more than welcome to use his foxing gun a 12 bore AYA Yeoman. It's hardly ideal but unlike BIB's gun it has a raised rib so will be slightly more like an O/U which you have shot in the past. If your lucky some kind soul will have a more suitable 12 bore you can use though. :D I don't have any 12 bore clay loads though so either you can buy some onsite (as in someone gets them for you and you pay them) or perhaps someone could bring some for you to buy off them.

FM :oops:

Nick,

I will photocopy enough 300yd scorecards at work tomorrow, and for a small fee explain how they work :oops:

Cheers

Martin

:D, you can also remind me the marking system :yes: that orange/black square confuses the hell out of me.

However we are shooting this as a semi sporting shoot, so the 10 to count wont be individually marked.

If you don't individually mark the shots how will you know what the score is?

The scoring is orange disc on the left is a miss, then a black disc 2, 3, 4, 5 across left to right and then an orange disc on the extreme right for a V bull.

Nick,

Cheers

Martin

If you don't individually mark the shots how will you know what the score is?

The scoring is orange disc on the left is a miss, then a black disc 2, 3, 4, 5 across left to right and then an orange disc on the extreme right for a V bull.

thats as i understood it.

you just get the marker to mark once the string is over.

cant have this a target competition can we :yp:

its just so its something to do with the rifles and peoples setup, as opposed to people walking the shots in. I might change my mind :)

but now ive printed the sheets i cant be botehred to change them right now.

hi there, i was originally not going to be shooting clays but now i am taking sparkies mates place who has unfortunately dropped out. there is one small problem, i dont have a gun :oops: i was wondering if anyone would allow me to share there gun? beatingisbest has already kindly affored to let me use his but was wandering if it would be possible, i.e teams? also there is the problem of carts, how do i buy them :D .

hope someone can answer my queries.

cheers james

I have a spare 686 sporter you could use.

yeh that spot sounds good to me, im probably going to try and rough it in the car as i really cant be bothered to put a tent up :P

besdies which i dont have one :P

anyway i will roll in once ive got the handloading done.

I will be joining you in sleeping in my car (not yours) as I have just found out that Bullet Lodge has been let out to some hairy ***** bikers for £500.

I supposed between that and my tenner there was no contest :P

I don't own a tent and doubt that I will be ablt to borrow one at this short notice so my accomodation will be supplied by Landrover :P

Just buy one you tight ****! Mine is at the back of my garage behind about 12 half finished scale planes, I can't be ***** clambering over there so the great costco will supply me one summer use tent for £18.79 (+vat) tomorrow while I buy all their booze :P