Bisley

deadeye ive

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After as many payments as possible please, once ive got enough i can start organsiing other events, but untill then i cant really as i will have too many cheques flying around.

On its way Nick :whistling::good:

recieved yours early last week sussex lad :yes:

can a few more of you send yours as then i will have covered my own back and can start arranging other get togethers, namely west kent.

untill then i dont have enough money physically with me to cover my back, hense why none of the cheques have been cashed yet.

Hunter, have you asked if anyone will offer you a lift? you don't sound too far away from a couple of attendees

dont worry about the lift mate, your 25 mins from me and i will be taking myself up there, so your welcome to a lift.

Simple as that.

Nick I'll get them on the hook, you reel them in :whistling:

*whispers quietly*

Send njc110381 a PM as well . . .

I have a pass for the Sunday (a day tripper) to dispense a lesson in stylish clay shooting and to ponce a go on someone's rifle - lets face it, if StuartP and MC can do it I reckon Helen Keller could - it's not as though the targets moving or anything tricky like that.

Nick, let me know what the damage is and how you want paying - I mean cheque or Paypal? The last time I asked PIN that question there must have been some confusion as he dropped his trousers and touched his toes - well he said it made it easier for him to get his wallet out of his back pocket but I wasn't convinced.

Welding by mail: got something broken? general repairs & micro welding available

I've got a Manton with a broken tang and a Remington with a broken rammer that could use welding, whereabouts in East Sussex are you? I'm in Seaford :lol:

Hunter, have you asked if anyone will offer you a lift? you don't sound too far away from a couple of attendees

dont worry about the lift mate, your 25 mins from me and i will be taking myself up there, so your welcome to a lift.

That would be great! :good:

I will ask the FLO (should be here shortly to look at my Safe) if I can bring the tripple :good:

Nick, I will contact you soon as I sort it, cheers for your help

Welding by mail: got something broken? general repairs & micro welding available

I've got a Manton with a broken tang and a Remington with a broken rammer that could use welding, whereabouts in East Sussex are you? I'm in Seaford :P

I am in Wadhurst :lol:

Providing its not a load pressure point from the bullets pressure, it will be no problem. You would be looking at TIG welding for this as its a very small job. If you could tak some photos and email/PM them to me, I will let you know whats possible :good:

Types of metal are also important. I cannot currently weld any cast iron matiriels as they require special procedures. Mild steel, tool steel, and Stainless are no problem though. :P

Nick / all,

Although we have all said yes to 600 yards on Sunday, how many people have the tools to shoot that far?

I don't, but if I am nice to my 'tent partner' he may let me have a go with his TRG :lol:

What do the others think?

you have a 6.5?

my old man has shot at these sort of ranges with our 6.5 with reasonable success, the targets are very large, and you simply dial in all of your elevation and then normally speaking hold somewhere on the top of the target frame, remeber with distance your clicks also increase with value, so you should have nearly enough adjustment in your scope.

there will also be a 300 yard range.

or theres martin cavie :good:

Scope?

What is all that about?

Something wrong with open sights?

If its that colassal RPA quadlock your referring to....well I would hardly call it iron sights, looks more like something out of a greek architect's toolbox! What range is that good for realistically anyway?

one of the main reasons for suggesting it was i thought it might proove interesting to see some of these 600 yard head shots on gnats that some people claim. Put things into persprective.

Also maybe see what some peoples HMR's can do at 300 yards :lol:

OK, I am fully aware the rounds will go that far and more, I have hit a grain sack at 300 yards with subs in my rimfire, I suppose I should have quantified 'shooting' as apposed to firing mortar shots up the air and hoping for the best :good: But as I say rather than fiddling with the scopes on my guns I will hopfully have access to a tool for job with the ranges dialed in - and tracer if required :lol:

Also maybe see what some peoples HMR's can do at 300 yards :good:

lets hope its not too windy :good:

Scope?

What is all that about?

If its that colassal RPA quadlock your referring to....well I would hardly call it iron sights, looks more like something out of a greek architect's toolbox! What range is that good for realistically anyway?

Well they are competitively shot at 1200yds and 10 bulls in a row is not uncommon. And yes they are iron sights, not these new fangled telescope things that you all seem to favour :lol:

OK, I am fully aware the rounds will go that far and more, I have hit a grain sack at 300 yards with subs in my rimfire, I suppose I should have quantified 'shooting' as apposed to firing mortar shots up the air and hoping for the best :good: But as I say rather than fiddling with the scopes on my guns I will hopfully have access to a tool for job with the ranges dialed in - and tracer if required :lol:

Also maybe see what some peoples HMR's can do at 300 yards :good:

lets hope its not too windy :P

:good: might check with bisley on if your allowed to use those as they have a habbit of setting fire to things.

if you have a swaro you can set your marker to show where your true zero is and then adjust the scope to the new range. This way you can revert straight back to the 100 yard zero. (this is why the turrets on swaro's lift) I believe you have a zoom swaro?

Scope?

What is all that about?

Well they are competitively shot at 1200yds and 10 bulls in a row is not uncommon. And yes they are iron sights, not these new fangled telescope things that you all seem to favour :lol:

1200 yards! How big are the targets?? You lot must have eyes like hawks, unless you are shooting at dissused artic lorry trucks or something!?

Don't quote me on this as I do not have my rule book at work, but they are about 6foot in diameter and the V Bull is about 9inches across.

THe F Class one is a bit smaller owing to handloading being allowed and tighter grouping.

You don't need eyes like hawks, the target appears to be the same size at 1200yds as it is at 15yds. You focus on the foresight not the target. And the foresight is always the same distance away.