Clay shooting off a boat

Hesketh

Been there done it when I was 18 off the back of a cruise ship. I'd never used a shot gun and was handed a 5 shot mossberg :) I managed 25 out of 30 which was the top score :) the boat was full of yanks which couldn't get over 3 and I'm not joking . I turned around to see about 200 people clapping :)

The rest of the holiday I had yanks coming up to me shaking my hand asking me if I compete lol but I took great pride in saying I'd never done it before :)

I came home and a applied straight away but I can't hit a thing 14 years later

Well this is sounding promising over all... Not lease the fact they run these tours from London, any idea how far Dow the river they go?

Not thinking along the lines of an aircraft carrier. But I guess dropping a call into the Firearms team might be a good idea before we give this a go?

Have shot sharks and floating cardboard boxes off the back of a minesweeper in the med with a Sterling SMG. Have shot geese from a moving grain trailer with a 12 bore and rabbits from a Land Rover and a Combine. Never shot clays from a boat . There is a shoot on the broads in Norfolk where you can shoot duck from boats . George Lanham is the man . He doesn't do clays tho'. Hope you can swim as wearing a mae west and trying to shoot - would be entertaining but dangerous for nearby matelots.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after Grrclark had a chat with the very helpful FAO up our way it looks like this is all good to go and game-on.

He did suggest we

- Gave the local police a quick call to let them know first

- Not to shoot towards the shore

- oh and not to have any "accidents"

So next to look into a clay trap and start buying clays. :)