strange things seen from the hide and does your hide work

chillweed

i was out a few day ago all set up in the hide on the edge of a wood when to my surprise a load (about 9 or 10 ) joggers came out of the wood and down the farm track leading to the gate and the road.

i watched as the came out the wood and down the track then 2 peeled off and started to jog towards me they stopped and proceeded to enter the edge of the wood and i lost sight of them so after about a minuet or 2 i decided to look to were they had gone and to my surprise i caught the first one pulling her draws up while the 2nd one kept watch then they changed places by this time i averted my eyes :innocent: they was less then 40 yards away and didn't see me... (so i think my hide configuration works)

that was as close as i got to a left and a right that day....

U bin drinking ???

Sounds like ur a peeping tom mate good on ya

It certainly sounds like u bin bush watchin lol !

Rest assured my hides not that good.

Mind u i did yell out to someone once and they nearly **** themselves thinking it was a talking bush...

Take care u could b locked up for that.....

Edited by blasterjudd

We often get dog walkers walk through the pattern and even the dogs do not seen to know we are in the hide as they are more interested in our natural decoys . We had a ramblers walk past us one day , they were not on a footpath and asked why do you shoot the pigeons and as we were on a downed barley field we pointed out the damage and they said that birds could not do that amount of damage it must be acrop circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny though this was there is of course the more serious side of "walkers". For example is there a right of way / footpath where they were?

I am fortunate to be able to shoot at a number of farms - all arable farms. One has no public rights of way yet people climb locked gates to ramble or walk their dogs, generally off lead. On another there are footpaths but walkers feel they have a right to walk where there are no footpaths or rights of way but in an attempt to link one or more footpaths to form circular walks. On another there is a toll ride where horse riders pay for a licence to ride. It is not a bridal path nor is it a footpath and a sign says private land, yet City folk walk there as if it were a public park, ramblers walk in groups of twelve (despite having maps which show no footpaths) and at night mountain bikers career through the farm with lights blazing.

In other word they are all trespassers. Yet if I or the farmer approach them with care to point out the error of their ways we are subjected to quite strong abuse and excuses such as " we always walk here, it's tradition" "we're doing no harm or damage so what's the problem?" "Tony Blair gave us the right to roam" . I once tried a notice saying shooting in progress. It was removed. The landowner of an adjacent woodland put a chain on a gate between it and the farm: someone cut the locks off and the bar wire wrapped around the posts was removed. I once challenged someone walking with dogs on early winter wheat, he said he thought it was grass field! And you have to be careful when carrying a shotgun, even broken and empty, because spiteful **** could call the police and then the shooter has an uphill struggle!

It's an intermittent but continuing problem which is worrying if we, as shooters, have to look through hedges before we pull the trigger just to ensure there are no trespassers. Get it wrong and despite the fact they are trespassing and in the wrong it will not prevent the full weight of the law attempting to fall on us under dubious headings of " duty of care " or whatever PC **** the anti's can come up with. Thank goodness for BASC insurance and legal cover from March!

I had a pair of horse riders sprint up the field through my decoys once so I stood up when they were around 300 yards away and showed my self by waving and I'm next to my red van but they kept coming . The field is my mates and he said they had no right being there.

I told my rider friend and she said I should of gone home ??? Why

quote name="Bobba" post="2439379" timestamp="1392022189"]

In other word they are all trespassers. Yet if I or the farmer approach them with care to point out the error of their ways we are subjected to quite strong abuse and excuses such as " we always walk here, it's tradition" "we're doing no harm or damage so what's the problem?" "Tony Blair gave us the right to roam" . I once tried a notice saying shooting in progress. It was removed. The landowner of an adjacent woodland put a chain on a gate between it and the farm: someone cut the locks off and the bar wire wrapped around the posts was removed. I once challenged someone walking with dogs on early winter wheat, he said he thought it was grass field! And you have to be careful when carrying a shotgun, even broken and empty, because spiteful **** could call the police and then the shooter has an uphill struggle!

It's an intermittent but continuing problem which is worrying if we, as shooters, have to look through hedges before we pull the trigger just to ensure there are no trespassers. Get it wrong and despite the fact they are trespassing and in the wrong it will not prevent the full weight of the law attempting to fall on us under dubious headings of " duty of care " or whatever PC **** the anti's can come up with. Thank goodness for BASC insurance and legal cover from March!

Exactly the same problem and attitude up here. Go and step foot in their 'Little bit of England' and see how long before the Police turn up !!!

I have had a guy with a dog walk past me whilst rabbit ambushing with a net in front of me. When the dog turned back to look at me I made myself known - cue a very scared man.

I also have had police who were actually looking for me and a shooting pal due to a public complaint who couldn't see us in the hide. We ended up standing up and he nearly had a heart attack but was a great sport and a shooter himself.

i was out a few day ago all set up in the hide on the edge of a wood when to my surprise a load (about 9 or 10 ) joggers came out of the wood and down the farm track leading to the gate and the road.

i watched as the came out the wood and down the track then 2 peeled off and started to jog towards me they stopped and proceeded to enter the edge of the wood and i lost sight of them so after about a minuet or 2 i decided to look to were they had gone and to my surprise i caught the first one pulling her draws up while the 2nd one kept watch then they changed places by this time i averted my eyes :innocent: they was less then 40 yards away and didn't see me... (so i think my hide configuration works)

that was as close as i got to a left and a right that day....

any pics to back that up. :lol:

Nothing much surprises me now.

After finding a dead cyclist, couples at it, odd collections of magazines/underwear (a common one!), walkers all over the place even with signs up saying "Shooting in progress do not enter", people dressed up in odd costumes in very remote places. "Nowt-so-queer-as-folk" as they say up Norf.

Now an alien would surprise me !

One lovely summers evening outside Norwich railway station I was waiting for a lift from my youngest daughter when a fairly large lass with a very short skirt walked past me and turned in between the cars just a few feet in from of me, dropped her very small knickers and peed what must have been half gallon. She then looked around still not noticing me propping up a lamppost, pulled very small drawers up and went to catch her train. It was a full moon that night.