.22 semi auto

Old melv

How much do you want to spend?

A little cash will get you a well used ruger10-22 or a near mint CZ, Kreco, anishultz 520.

Spend a little more and get a custom 10-22 with trigger kit fitted, Boyds stock ect. Or go the whole hog and get a South Yorkshire semi.

Cz 511 or brno 581 both great guns. Had both. Also had a few rugers and never had any issue with them either. There is a reason there are so many of them in existance and its not because they are rubbish.

Edd

Ps I have a really nice ruger heavy barrel and laminate stock for sale if anyone is interested.

Hi Iain

Perhaps looking to spend 300£ ish rifle only.

Thinking maybe a ruger but heard variable reports of them thanks for your reply

Look at the CZ range. I had a Annie 525 for a while. Cut down to 13 inch. Shot well but heavy trigger. Most semi have that. There are some erma m1 carbine look a likes around. I fancy having a go with one to see how well they shoot.

Seems the 10/22 is the staple suggestion but you asked.........

"I want a 22 semi auto for plinking and general target shooting,not looking to hunt with it as I have a cz 452 for that but I would like some thing reliable and fairly accurate.
Not looking to shoot subs or any serious target work what do you recommend ? "

Magtech7022 £150 brand new and ready to shoot out of the box, I just worked mine a little!

post-20848-0-02817600-1393158772_thumb.jpgpost-20848-0-51330900-1393158789_thumb.jpg

The rifle is actually a Mossberg 702 Plinkster which will cost you £100++ More!

post-20848-0-31516700-1393159274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dekers

cz511 very reliable and quick to strip down only bad point is stiff trigger got a ruger 10.22 very fussy with ammo get a cz you cant go wrong

Ugly as they come, and the 512, so indeed is the Anschutz, but just the same, first rate semis! :yes::good:

Edited by Dekers

I've been firing a 10/22 this evening. I am not sure what model it was, black synthetic stock with stainless barrel, I found it a little awkward to release the bolt, but once I got the hang of it yeah I was impressed. It wasn't as nice as the sako finfire I had been firing prior but yeah I will be considering a 10/22 when I apply for my Fac.

I have fired a cz last week but it was a bolt action. Again very nice gun.