Shoo before shooting

Harnser

In the eastern evening news tonight . Natural England has proposed that before shooting pests including pigeons ,appropriate warning must be given . They want pigeon shooters to shoo them away before they shoot them .

You couldn't make this up ,where do these people come from ? they know nothing about the country side and the damage that pests can do to crops . Perhaps somebody on here can post a link to this article so you can all see what a load of old tosh these people speak . Mrs Harnser nearly fell out of the chair reading this article . she has promised to come out with me with a flag to wave just as I am about to make a shot . I promise this is not a wind up.

Harnser.

I often use the right barrel to scare them then the left to kill them....occasionally though they die of shock from the scare from the 1st barrel?Is this still legal?

Yes ,perfectly legal . I use a urika 2 for pigeon shooting and often use the first two shots to shoo them away and the third shot to kill the pesky pigeon . On occasion I inadvertently kill more than one .

Harnser.

Yes I did read that in the E D P this morning , what the chap also said was the pea drilling should start next week , so hopefully we can start schooooing the pigeons on the peas soon, although our peas are normally in April.so were got to wait a little bit longer.

I shoo then off when putting my hide up and my decoys out. If they come back, they are fair game!!

Would shouting PULL be ok

I've done that, when a bird has surprised me and got in to land directly behind the magnet - works a treat!!

Edited by kitchrat