Eng vs Wales

hoggysreels

That Welsh fella that kicked from nearly half way line did well :good:

Not really into it but enjoyed that

Yeah he's good, remember reading some facts about him, iirc think his longest successful kick was 8 ish meters the far side of the halfway line!

Ha

I was watching a game where England should have conceded a try or two, the opportunities were there we spent long enough sat around your 5 yard

The England team are getting better, even so they were lucky that for whatever reason Wales seemed, once again, to turn up but not switch on

I think that Wales were fortunate to make good 6 penalties that a poorly disciplined England team almost gave away to them.

Wales were outplayed by a far better England team.

Halfpenny is a great player and seems a genuinely nice and well mannered guy. Pity the English supporters couldn't have shown a bit of respect whilst he was kicking his penalties and cut out the shouting and whistling...........

Rich

"Agree" ... there are element of this at all games ... booing is ill mannered imho...

Halfpenny is class .. hope his recovery is sooner rather than later

Ha

I was watching a game where England should have conceded a try or two, the opportunities were there we spent long enough sat around your 5 yard

The England team are getting better, even so they were lucky that for whatever reason Wales seemed, once again, to turn up but not switch on

Would of loved to been in the crown with ya :lol:

"Agree" ... there are element of this at all games ... booing is ill mannered imho...

Halfpenny is class .. hope his recovery is sooner rather than later

I agree, it's not nice, although it only reached a real crescendo when the crowd really didn't agree with the decision made by the ref. Not Halfpenny's fault, just unlucky that he was the one dishing out the punishment resulting from the ref's decision.

Ha

Or, put another way, teams have started to work Wales out. Plan A for the welsh is excellent. quick ball off the ruck, then let the backs have the time to generate the pace and power needed to split lines. The problem is they have no Plan B. Ireland and England have just sussed out how to stop plan A working. Fast, heavy, aggressive tackling on the game line stops North et al. from being as effective. I'm not saying Wales played well. They didn't, but they weren't allowed to play well, what with burrell, Lawes and twelvetrees hurling themselves at the nearest welsh shirt as soon as the ball was out. Ireland did it, we did it, France, well they were useless and deserved to get hammered!

Halfpenny is a great player and seems a genuinely nice and well mannered guy. Pity the English supporters couldn't have shown a bit of respect whilst he was kicking his penalties and cut out the shouting and whistling...........

Rich

Well I was at the match and I didn't hear any booing/shouting/whistling for the kicks apart from the late penalty of the first half when the crowd felt the referee made a very bad call penalising Hartley for being offside when the ball bounced to him after (I think) Jonny May was taken out in the air. I also felt the refs call in penalising Hartley for taking out Faletau in the air was strange as Faletau had received a pass and jumped into Hartley.

Overall though I felt the ref had a good game. He had a good grip of the scrum and I don't see how Jenkins can feel hard done by. He was almost turning sharp right to drive into the scrum.

I thought Wales lacked passion which is strange as you can't imagine them not being up for it. As for Care's try. If the village 3rd 15 had conceded it you would have felt aggrieved but at international level. Shocking.

The highlight for me though was the sporting panel who were in attendance over the lunch I was at. Imagine this lot:

Phil Bennett

Gareth Edwards

David Duckham

Robert Jones

Brian Moore

Will Carling (host)

Alex Corbisaro

Matt Dawson

Scott Quinnell

Lots of English/Welsh banter flying about. Great fun.

As i said on one occasion there was. Your point is?

My point is.........there was shouting and whistling FACT, just because you were at the game and didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I'm not having a pop at English supporters, its not acceptable at any games or any level . I hate to see it happening anywhere.

Enjoy the rest of the tournament.....................and come on Ireland :yahoo:

Atb Rich