saturday on the osr

blade

Managed to get out saturday morning for my first proper decoy session.Been watching a field all week with numbers biulding slowly and farmer very helpfull with positioning gas guns .Got to the field around 8.30 ish and looked promising a few birds feeding and more comeing to join them.Picked my spot on a decent flight line between two woods this is a block of 8 osr fields.Hide up whirly out and 14 shells out first bird in the bag within 10 mins looking good then all the birds headed to one of the woods what i thought would be a quick rest.But low and behold they started to come out of the wood and headed in completley the wrong direction to fields in the distance sat for 30 mins nothing returned so called it a day .Packed up and went to find out where they were heading found them on another osr field but owned by a shooting sindicategave the keep er a ring and he said go a go ahead so i set up well this was 12.30 by now so needed to get set up pretty smart.Well worked out well in the end with birds decoying great even with plastic unflocked shells :hmm: ended the day with 70 picked up and some new land to look at as well :)

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

The rape was top dressed on Thursday so it should start to pick up now.Got some other fields that are even shorter few inches high should get a few more weeks off them .Got 400 acres of beans going in over the next few weeks so things might look up