Ebay, how long do you give people to pay?

955i

Hi all, sold a phone on ebay last night and the winning bidder sniped at the end and won the auction.

They were obviously online at the end of the auction but I have not receive payment yet.

How long would you give them before you classed them as a non-paying bidder and re-listed?

Sent him an invoice at the auction end and only then realised that he had been a member since January 2013 but only had one feedback.

thet were not forced to have been online to snipe it, I use a snipe programme, give them 48 hours then offer to second bidder.

I'm assuming the second bidder would have gone for the next phone in the queue.

Sent a message saying if payment not received tomorrow would re-list and give negative feedback.

We all had feedback of one at some time , so if we were all weary of someone with one feedback no one would sell anything to anyone !

For sellingan expensive item like phone, I'd e weary. That doesnt mean don't sell it, it just means take extra precautions. Make sure sellers PayPal is a confirmed address. Only post (recorded) to that address. Get a landline number for buyer - call them to confirm details. If it sounds fishy, or thy want you to post it elsewhere, cancel.

Mobiles are the #1 fraud magnet on eBay.

As a seller you can not leave negative feedback, there is no option for it. You would have to click the positive option and write it there.

I've stopped using ebay, it's full of mugs and eBay protects them.

I don't sell on Ebay anymore but it is GREAT for BUYERS!

We've not had any major problems, but we hardly ever sell anything of high value. Typically we stick things on the Bay at 99p just for the convenience of getting rid of them.

It has its faults, but I can report an overwhelmingly positive experience as a regular low-value seller.

Oh, and to keep things on topic, I would expect payment or communication within 48hrs. On a seven-day listing (which all ours are) that is proportionate, bordering on the generous.

LS

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the same thing happened to me. IIRC 2nd time around I got £190 for an iPhone 4 after being told by a PW 'expert' who often jump in on classifieds that I would get a lot less.

When selling a phone again if I had a bid from a buyer recently registered and with no rep I would immediately block that bid and that user.