SAK MODERATOR

ulsterman

Have one on the 22rf,Tried allsorts with mine, lastime I put it in the ultrasonic cleaner with boiling hot water and citric acid 50/50 mix that cleaned it but removed all the paint. A bronze brush also works. Only clean when my shooting goes a miss. Think I have cleaned it around 4 time in around 5000 bullets. I guess the more often you clean it the better the build up will come off. Good luck.

Ive got a Parker Hale mod and i have never cleaned that or the barrel in 9 years and its shoots spot on. Been lucky i suppose.

Keep the exterior well clean though.

After reading telfs answer perhaps i better have a look.

Edited by samboy

i have a dm80 on my .22s and usually clean them in soapy water every 75 rounds ish,a while back i didnt clean it for about 2-300 rounds and the carbon build up inside the mod was solid at one point, namely just past the muzzle,i managed to get it out ,but lesson learned

:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

My centrefire mods get stripped and cleaned after every use, but my collection of SAKs don't get a lot of attention really.

My .22lr SAKs get a bashing on an old telephone directory to knock out any lose build up, usually a bit, but that doesn't happen in the same way with the WMR.

Other than threads and externally my SAKs don't actually get a whole load of attention!

Edited by Dekers

When I feel it's time to clean the mod I leave it in soapy water for as long as I think it needs it to soften up the carbon, then strip and clean it.

Still working fine after years of using this method.

A little carbon in the .22lr SAK is a good thing as it seals it all up.