Few bunnies with the cz452

turbo33

I had a call from one of my farmers today. We had a natter about the weather, crops etc. Oh and btw, there are a few bunnies around if I could pop down at some point :yahoo:

After the famine of shooting over the last few months, I was desperate to get out and get a bag of some sort :yes: So popped the cz452 .22 in a bag, rucksack with a box of shells, mags,bolt, rangefinder and I was out of the house :lol:

Arrived at 4pm. I did a short drive round and spotted bunny 1 at 60 yards. In the bag :good: Next one fell in the next field. :good: Bit more of a drive round. Then found 3 sitting in a group, again at 60 odd yards. I had some CCI segmented rounds in a separate mag for a try out. So popped it in and dropped no 3 and no4 didn't even lift its head from the grass, despite the impact 2 feet from him. So 4 in the bag :good: The segmented rounds didn't seem to have quite the "Wop" that the Winnnies do, so maybe that's why the 4th wasn't spooked :hmm: On the way out of the farm, I saw a group of four at reasonable distance, which I lasered at 125-128 yards. There was zero chance of stalking up on them as there were pheasants in between, and I knew they would alert the rabbits to my presence. Having done some range testing last week, I confirmed on Strelok the holdover point on the Viper for 125 yards, and let the Winnie go. A satisfying wallop confirmed no.5 was in the bag. All of the rabbits were in top condition :good:

What a cracking rifle these cz's are, and the 452 handles so well........just love it :good:

P3250246_zps9e11c059.jpg

Edited by turbo33

Well done, in my opinion one of the best rabbit rifles.

Thanks. Yes, totally agree :yes: As I mentioned on a previous thread, stonking value for money and the accuracy is stunning :good: Think I will have some longer range fun on the corvids with it shortly :yes:

Well done Marc nice bag bud :good: good pic + write up as well :yes: atvb Terry

Cheers Terry, hope all is well up there :good:

Just waiting for mine to arrive, going to brake a day or two off work when it does and get out after those bunnies!

Just a tip, if its new, clean the barrel thoroughly before you use it. Mine took ages to clean, was full of engineering crud and grease. From that moment on, it has stunning accuracy :good:

I popped them into the local butchers this morning, in exchange for a greenback and some nice gold coins :good: He's very keen for some more, but I mentioned that there aren't too many around here. He said, "Do you have a card as one of my customers has a real rabbit problem and is desperate to have someone shoot them" :yahoo: I gave him a card and said that if I get the shooting, you'll get some rabbits ;) So we'll see :yes:

Edited by turbo33

Well in. Are you a farrier? Notice your Swan gas fire and what looks like a foot stand.

I had a call from one of my farmers today. We had a natter about the weather, crops etc. Oh and btw, there are a few bunnies around if I could pop down at some point :yahoo:

After the famine of shooting over the last few months, I was desperate to get out and get a bag of some sort :yes: So popped the cz452 .22 in a bag, rucksack with a box of shells, mags,bolt, rangefinder and I was out of the house :lol:

Arrived at 4pm. I did a short drive round and spotted bunny 1 at 60 yards. In the bag :good: Next one fell in the next field. :good: Bit more of a drive round. Then found 3 sitting in a group, again at 60 odd yards. I had some CCI segmented rounds in a separate mag for a try out. So popped it in and dropped no 3 and no4 didn't even lift its head from the grass, despite the impact 2 feet from him. So 4 in the bag :good: The segmented rounds didn't seem to have quite the "Wop" that the Winnnies do, so maybe that's why the 4th wasn't spooked :hmm: On the way out of the farm, I saw a group of four at reasonable distance, which I lasered at 125-128 yards. There was zero chance of stalking up on them as there were pheasants in between, and I knew they would alert the rabbits to my presence. Having done some range testing last week, I confirmed on Strelok the holdover point on the Viper for 125 yards, and let the Winnie go. A satisfying wallop confirmed no.5 was in the bag. All of the rabbits were in top condition :good:

What a cracking rifle these cz's are, and the 452 handles so well........just love it :good:

P3250246_zps9e11c059.jpg

Good shooting.

Well in. Are you a farrier? Notice your Swan gas fire and what looks like a foot stand.

Yes, fabulous job, working with cuddly horses all day, endless cups of freshly ground coffee and good humoured clients, gorgeous grooms and a salary and pension fund that makes Hector Riva look poverty stricken :lol: Guess you are one too :yes:

Edited by turbo33

Yes, fabulous job, working with cuddly horses all day, endless cups of freshly ground coffee and good humoured clients, gorgeous grooms and a salary and pension fund that makes Hector Riva look poverty stricken :lol: Guess you are one too :yes:

My dad is, Mark White. Down in Essex,

Not for me, ******** back, more scars than you could count, annoying customers who listen to people pushing products not the skilled people who have done more class work and examinations on the anatomy of the leg and foot of the horse than a vet!

Well done turbo, love my Brno. These CZ Brnos are great game getters. Rugged reliable and accurate what more do you want.

Thanks Daf :good: Cracking value for money, and as you say, perfect for filling the pot :good: Hope all is well with you up there :yes: