Florida holiday transfers

scarter

Hi guys I'm goin to florida in June and have not organised any transfers as people have told us a cab is the best way. On google maps it says our hotel (on intenational drive) is a 25 min drive from the airport (16 miles approx)

Was just wondering if anyone on here used a cab to and from airport and if so are they expensive?

Thanks

Simon

Ive just comeback although my taxi was in with virgin we did use them from the parks an for 16 mile i think you will be looking at around 50 dollars plus tip i wish we would have payed extra for a hire car (under 25 ) because there plenty of places worth visiting just not the big well known parks enjoy

The last couple of times we went over several years ago we booked what IIRC was a town car from the airport sanford to I drive and back,this a car and driver service.There were a few companies,try googling town car or something along that line.

Edited by mr smith

We had a taxi from Kissimmee to the airport one time, it was about $50 plus tip, mind up it was about 3 years ago. We always have a rental, did not realise they are that much more because you are under 25.

There are also regular buses to the International Drive area to and from the airport (MCO).

You need a car. So many other paces to visit - like Cape Canaveral and the Kennefy Space Centre!

Very true, on our next trip 3/4 weeks touring all of Florida, starting with 3 days in Kissimmee then taking in Miami, the Keys (some fishing), staying in the Everglades on to the Clearwater area and finishing with about 3 or 4 nights on Anna Marie Island. Plus anywhere else that takes our fancy.

Nothing booked up turn up except maybe the Keys.

I've always had a car but I know it can be expensive if your young. I would do a google search if your over 21 and if you can rent it here and don't get conned with all the extra insurance there. The I drive bus along International drive will get you most places and a lot of hotels have shuttle busses. There are probably buses from the airport to I drive.

Try this link for a car:

http://www.alamo.co.uk/brits

When we went to Orlando last year, the travel agent couldn't match the price I got - and they were trying to sell me an Alamo car too. The price should be all inclusive.

Also when you get to the rental place, don' tbe conned into all the extras or to get a bigger car. They tried that on us (apparently it's all part of the sales routine), saying our car would be too small for 4 people and luggage. When we got the car, it was bigger than many London flats. My wife had to climb into the boot to get stuff out. They do drink petrol though.

im flying out on may bank holiday monday (still hasnt sunk in yet!)

we got our hire car through virgin alongside our flights and accomodation.

a friend came back a week ago and he had a taxi from the airport to the hotel and then used i-ride for the rest of the stay.

he paid $60 for the taxi.

im flying out on may bank holiday monday (still hasnt sunk in yet!)

we got our hire car through virgin alongside our flights and accomodation.

a friend came back a week ago and he had a taxi from the airport to the hotel and then used i-ride for the rest of the stay.

he paid $60 for the taxi.

Lucky sod.

Wait till you get out there then the floor below arrivals in Orlando airport is all car hire firms. Play one off against another to get a good deal.

Never again would I book one before going.

Figgy

Good plan that, we have done this before. We book in advance if we need something special. Don't worry about them not having standard cars, there is literally a multi-storey car park full of them.

I shop about and have found that I generally get a better prices when I book in advance. A company that is consistently good value when my 23yo daughter travels in the US is www.rentalcars.com. It may be worth checking out their prices.

Another thing to factor in with driving to the parks is the cost of daily parking, particularly if your hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus service. Have fun!

Nick

As long as ur over 21 then just pay the extra 25 bucks per day with the big companies of as others suggest.

Go haggle at the counters- it's what we do for upgrades etc.

Know the extra costs are considerable but not having a car dictates when and where u can go--- after all, u need a car to go to the Machine gun hire range :-)